How to Switch your 2GIG Go!Control System to Surety
Using Your 2GIG GoControl Panel
If you have determined that a DIY Alarm Monitoring Service is the right fit for you, and you are looking to switch to Surety from another provider, the following steps will help you to get up and running with your service powered by Alarm.com.
- First, it’s a good idea to get an idea of the service plan you will want to use. Some considerations include:
- Do you want central station 24/7 monitoring?
- Do you have Zwave Automation equipment like door locks, lights, thermostats etc.?
- Do you have Alarm.com cameras and require Cloud Video?
- Do you have Image sensors or plan to add them?
- Note when any service contract ends with your current provider. If you have a 2Gig system currently but no provider, you will want to find your communications module number. For assistance finding this number, see the video below. Once you have this you can check your module number to see if it is unlocked.
- Keep in mind that as of 2015, new Alarm.com accounts cannot be set up with a 2G communications module. This is due to cell carriers phasing out the service.
- If your module is unlocked, it is ready for use with another account. If not, there are a couple options.
- You can contact your current (or recent) provider and request that your module be released for use with another provider.
- You can purchase a new module. Surety has these available through our web store. Any modules used with Surety service will never be locked out. You can use this coverage check tool to determine which carrier is the best fit for you.
- If you are coming from a security provider who uses proprietary firmware with their alarm panel, you will need to update the firmware on your panel. Otherwise, you may need to update the firmware for use with a new module. This video will help you find the current firmware on your 2Gig Go!Control Panel.
- For the Verizon LTE a minimum firmware version of 1.17 is required.
- For the AT&T 3G HSPA a minimum firmware version of 1.9.6 is required.
- For 2Gig you can find the necessary update cable and links to firmware here.
- If you need help updating the firmware of your unit, you can find instructions in the video below.
- Swapping the communications module (if necessary) can be accomplished with help from the following video.
- Now that you’re able to switch service, you’ll need to order the service package that best fits your needs. Since Surety is a month-to-month service, you can update or remove the features at any time. Depending on your needs, this package, may include everything for which you are looking in this process. Otherwise see the following service levels. 24/7 central station monitoring is available with this plan.
- Once your order for service has been processed, and your equipment has a usable cellular module with compatible firmware, follow the instructions found in the Surety welcome email, which you received after your service order was completed, to log in and start using your service.
- Instructions for finalizing your cell connection and setting up Alarm.com can be found here.
- Additional support videos can be found below.