A connection your cameras can count on
Nothing is more annoying than when your Wi-Fi security cameras stop working. The Smart Gateway gives your cameras a stable connection even when you change your router or internet service provider.
Don’t worry, it’s secure by default
This little guy was specifically designed to host security cameras and other Wi-Fi devices on Alarm.com security systems. You don’t have to bother making sure it’s securely set up. It comes out of the box locked down and ready to protect.
Dedicated to keeping you up and running
Running your security system on the same Wi-Fi as your TVs, laptops and mobile devices means home entertainment can intferfere with the system that’s keeping you safe. Show your security cameras you care by giving them their own dedicated network that won’t get bogged down on movie night.
Supported by Surety Alarm.com
The Smart Gateway helps us help you through remote troubleshooting. If your cameras go down we can help you get back up and running. Firmware updates are installed automatically so you don’t have to worry.
Don’t worry, this device integrates seamlessly
Surety is your connection to the award winning Alarm.com ecosystem, allowing you to use hundreds of best-in-class security and home automation devices from a single app that runs on almost anything. All that and the industry’s best customer service are why Surety is your home’s best friend.
Specs & Guides
- Part number
- Ethernet connection
- 10/100 Mbps (FAST) WAN connection
- Wi-Fi connection
- 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
- 3.5″ x 3.1″ x 1.2″
- Function, WPS, Reset
- Operating temperature
- 32°F – 104°F (0°C – 40°C)
- Operating humidity
- 0 – 80% (non-condensing) RH
- 12 VDC
- Camera Capacity
- Recommended 4 cameras per gateway
|Security Alarm & Automation
|Alarm, Automation & Cameras
- Can I use more than one Smart Gateway at a time?
- Yes, you can use several Smart Gateways on the same system. We recommend no more than 3 in the same coverage area but you can use more in large installations if they’re far enough apart to not interfere with each other.
- How do I get my Wi-Fi network password?
- You normally don’t want or need your Smart Gateway Wi-Fi password. We recomend adding devices to the network with the WPS button. If you need it, you can request your Wi-Fi password from Surety. It’s randomly generated and secure by default.
- How strong is the wireless signal?
- The wireless signal range is great for a Wi-Fi access point with an internal antenna. But it doesn’t have the reach of a higher end access point with multiple external antennas. You’ll get the best range if you place the Smart Gateway on a flat surface in a centrally located, unobstructed location. In a large house you may need multiple Smart Gateways in different locations for full coverage.
Still have questions? We’ve got answers!
The Surety support forum is the #1 resource for answers to all your questions about setting up and using the camera.