The IQ Hardwire 16-F (Small Enclosure) offers a cost effective way of integrating hardwired security & smoke detector zones with the IQ Panel 2/2+. It includes a small enclosure designed to be mounted in an existing can, backup battery charging, 500mA of 12volt auxiliary power, an onboard siren relay, built-in status LED’s for each zone and support for up to 10 two-wire smoke detectors. Normally Open and Normally Closed contacts are supported as well as powered zones like motion sensors and glass break detectors.
Turn your legacy alarm system into a modern connected home
There’s nothing wrong with your existing alarm system. Instead of completely replacing it, use the sensors and siren with your moden IQ Panel.
Trigger home automation
Your wired sensors can be used for home automation. Automatically turn on the lights when a door opens. Or record a video clip. Adjust the thermostat when a door or window was left open.
Detect intrusions and fire with Surety
If you’re going to use a wireless security alarm, choose professional grade hardware with secure wireless communication so you can be confident it will do it’s job.
Why should I use encrypted wireless communication?
The majority of security systems are not as secure as they could be. With technology advancing rapidly, it’s becoming more and more likely that someone who wants to compromise your security system can do so without much effort or expense.
IQ encrypted sensors send signals in a coded form that can only be understood by the alarm system they are connected to. This ensures that only your system can access the content of the message, keeping your sensor activity data safe and practically eliminating your system’s exposure to spoofing and replay attacks.
Don’t worry, this device integrates seamlessly
Surety is your connection to the award winning Alarm.com ecosystem, allowing you to use hundreds of best-in-class security and home autiomation devices from a single app that runs on almost anything. All that and the industry’s best customer service are why Surety is your home’s best friend.
Specs & Guides
- Part Number
- Input Voltage
- 16.0VDC Plug-In Transformer
- Backup Battery
- 12VDC 5AH Max (optional)
- 5.5” X 3.5”
- Operating Temperature
- 32 to 122F (0 to 50C)
- 95% RH Max
- EOL Supervision
- 4.7K Ohm fixed or 1k-10k Ohm depending on Resistor Mode
- Input Zones
- 15 N/O or N/C
- Smoke Zone
- 1 two-wire smoke loop, 10 detectors max. Support for System Sensor® 2W-B, 2WT-B, 2WTA-B*
- System Sensor Support
- 2W-B, 2WT-B, 2WTA-B
- Auxiliary Voltage Output
- 12VDC @ 500mA Max
- Tamper Zone
- Used for case tamper, no resistor
- Relay Contact
- 60VDC/1A Max drives siren
*Detector models should not be mixed
|Security Alarm & Automation|
|Alarm, Automation & Cameras|
- Do I need to use EOL resistors?
- Yes, each zone requires a 4.7K Ohm EOL resistor. (included)
- Will it work with my wired siren?
- The IQ Hardwire has a dry contact output that can be used to apply 12VDC auxiliary power to a piezo siren. If your siren is a piezo then it should work. Some sirens are just speakers and require an oscillating signal in order to produce sound. If you just have a speaker then you will either need to add a speaker driver (usually a piezo oscillator) or replace it with a piezo siren.
Still have questions? We’ve got answers!
The Surety support forum is the #1 resource for answers to all your questions about setting up and using the thermostat.