24/7 professional monitoring sends the fire department
It sounds silly but some flashy and expensive “smart” carbon monixide detectors can’t do the single most important thing you need after sounding an audible alarm – call the fire department. With Surety professional monitoring the IQ Carbon sends the fire department whether you’re away from home, unconsious, or unaware of the presence of gas.
Life safety devices should not depend on WIFI
Connects through cellular so it’s more reliable and doesn’t depend on WIFI. Add WIFI in addition to cellular for maximum reliability with dual path communication.
Smart home, not smart CO detector
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s time to stop thinking about smart detectors and start thinking about what carbon monoxide detection looks like in a truly smart home. CO detectors should detect CO. With Surety, the intelligence in the system.
Carbon monoxide is invisible and odorless
You can’t see or smell carbon monoxide. The IQ Carbon can. This is especially useful in homes with high risk of gas leaks from appliances such as stoves and furnaces.
Don’t worry, this device integrates seamlessly
Surety is your connection to the award winning Alarm.com ecosystem, allowing you to use hundreds of best-in-class security and home automation devices from a single app that runs on almost anything. All that and the industry’s best customer service are why Surety is your home’s best friend.
Specs & Guides
- Part number
- Diameter 5″ x 2.5″D
- Wall or ceiling
- 3-volt CR123A Lithium Battery
- Battery Life
- 3 – 5 years
- Audible Signal
- Temporal 4 tone, 85 dBA min. in alarm
- Operating Current
- 10 μA
- Wireless Signal
- Security RF 319.5 MHz
- Operating Temperature
- 40°F – 100°F (4.4°C – 37.8°C)
- Relative Humidity
- 15 – -90% Non-Condensing
- Regulatory Listing
- UL standard 2075, UL 2034 and CSA 6.19-01
|Security Alarm & Automation
|Alarm, Automation & Cameras
- Why is my IQ Carbon causing false alarms?
- Locations that may cause false alarms where you should NOT put an IQ Carbon include (but are not limited to)
- Directly above a sink, cooker, stove, or oven
- Do not locate detector within 5 feet (1.5m) of any cooking appliance
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts i.e. extractor fan or air vent
Still have questions? We’ve got answers!
The Surety support forum is the #1 resource for answers to all your questions about setting up and using the thermostat.