Alarm.com’s Dual-Path System Enhancement Module (SEM) can be used with DSC PowerSeries PC1616, PC1832, and PC1864 panels to enable wireless reporting of alarms and other system events using the wireless cellular network and optional Broadband Ethernet. The SEM is intended to be used as the primary communication path for all alarm signaling to the professional monitoring station. The SEM also features integrated support for Alarm.com’s home automation services with built-in Z-Wave capabilities.
Specs & Guides
- Part number
- Communication Methods
- Verizon LTE Cellular & Broadband Backup
- Power Requirements
- 12 V nominal, 54 mA (continuous) 634 mA (instantaneous peaks) maximum (from panel battery)
- Operating Temperature
- 32 to 120°F (0 to 49°C)
- Relative Humidity
- 90% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature
- -30 to 140°F (-34 to 60°C)
- 7.5 x 4.25 x 1.5” (19.05 x 11.43 x 3.81 cm)
|Security Alarm & Automation|
|Alarm, Automation & Cameras|
- Does the SEM support multiple partitions?
- Yes. The SEM comes with multiple partition support, including the ability to arm and disarm partitions remotely.
- Is the SEM compatible with DLS?
- DLS is not supported. The SEM cannot be used as a DLS communicator. DLS panel programming changes via another communication pathway (PC Link, POTS, etc.) is not captured by the SEM until the system is power cycled.
- Do I need to change any programming settings for the SEM to work?
- No. There aren’t any required settings that need to be changed. However, we do recommend changing the following settings if the system was previously communicating over the phone line.
- Disable Telco Line Monitoring (section 015, option 7)
- Remove the phone numbers (section 301-303)
- Disable Phone Line Failure (section 382 option 5)
- Does the SEM support Cross Zones?
- No. The SEM does not support the Cross Zone attribute. The SEM does not report the Cross Zone event to the monitoring station.
Have questions? We’ve got answers!
The Surety support forum is the #1 resource for answers to all your questions about setting up and using the thermostat.