New Customer with 2Gig GC2 w/ Older Firmware

I have a 2Gig GC2 master panel and confirmed that the comms module is unlocked. But I have a few questions:

1. My firmware version is V1.17.0.4, so how do I update to the latest version? It looks like the USB cable only works with version 1.5 or higher?
  2. I have a combination of wired and wireless modules since my system has been updated over the years, but my last provider had everything connected together. I’m assuming I won’t need a new Takeover module since all the sensors were working fine before I cancelled my contract?
  3. I have two motion sensors in my system, so does that mean I need the gold package for the 40 events/month for these sensors? Or will I be fine with the basic package?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Happy to assist!

1. My firmware version is V1.17.0.4, so how do I update to the latest version? It looks like the USB cable only works with version 1.5 or higher?

That is correct, if updating your firmware via USB cable, 1.5 is required. Fortunately, 1.17.04 > 1.5 so you would be able to use it if necessary. Once connected to Alarm.com, firmware can be updated via Over the Air Update (OTA) as well. Note that a data charge would apply when updating over cellular.

2. I have a combination of wired and wireless modules since my system has been updated over the years, but my last provider had everything connected together. I’m assuming I won’t need a new Takeover module since all the sensors were working fine before I cancelled my contract?

Unless equipment was removed for some reason, although I cannot speak to the practices of another service provider. Are wired sensors registering at the panel when tripped?

3. I have two motion sensors in my system, so does that mean I need the gold package for the 40 events/month for these sensors? Or will I be fine with the basic package?
Are you referring to PIR Motion Detectors or Image Sensors? Motion detectors would not require the Gold add on in order to be utilized.

If remote control of Z-Wave devices is needed, the Gold Automation add on would be required.

Service through Surety can be purchased here. Steps to obtain service with a 2GIG GC2 panel can be found here.