Which panel for multiple partitions/zones?

I’m not sure if I’m just searching the wrong phrases, or if the answer actually isn’t easy to find.

I currently have a 2GIG Go! system installed, which came with the house when I purchased it. I have a detached shop with an isolated alley entrance that I would like to monitor when I’m home, but have the rest of the system disarmed.

Unless I’m mistaken, I understand the 2GIG Go! doesn’t support multiple zones (partitions? Not sure what to call them) like this. Are there any panels compatible with alarm.com monitoring that support arming separate zones/groups of sensors? I’ve looked at DSC, 2GIG, Qolsys, and Interlogix, but can’t seem to find any panels that overtly advertise this capability.

The Interlogix Concord 4 and DSC Neo support partitions (Partition is the word you should look for, Zone is an individual sensing circuit)

Partition details about each are discussed here and here.

Neither of those would be a straight replacement as far as the 2GIG Panel is concerned, and would require some wiring for keypads. They would need a wireless translator like the RE524x to reuse 2GIG wireless security sensors.

Now that said, I have been told that it is anticipated that the GC3 panel should receive an update which supports partitions in the next few months or so. The GC3 panel would use the same wireless sensors as the 2GIG Go!Control out of the box and is a similar all-in-one system.

Great, thanks for the quick response Jason! I’m not opposed to updating the whole system - I expect to replace 100% of the 120v wiring in the house in the next few months to update from ungrounded 2-prong outlets to current electrical code. Sounds like prime time to lay some alarm infrastructure :smiley:

I’ll keep my eyes on the GC3 while I research the other two options, as none of this is a rush.

Thanks again!

The GC3 now offers partition support in firmware 3.2. See the release notes here.