ADC Smart Signal

Hello, I’m just inquiring about the new smart signal feature . Does this effect the way central Station response time ( alarm verification) procedure , does it delay response like the chat feature does? Does it effect 2 way voice? Thank You

So the Alarm.com Smart Signal feature is actually two separate features. First is the In App Panel Panic, which allows the end user to generate a panic signal through the Alarm.com mobile app.

The second feature is the In App Cancel/Verify Alarm feature which allows the end user to cancel or verify an alarm in progress via the Alarm.com mobile app. During an alarm event in progress users will see a Cancel/Verify alarm card at the top of the home screen in the app. You can then scroll to review their images or videos etc. while the alarm card remains at the top.

You would then hold either Cancel Alarm or Verify Alarm for three seconds to let the monitoring station know how to address the situation.

The In App Cancel/Verify Alarm feature does not negatively impact central station response time nor does it conflict with 2-Way voice.

It does however conflict with the Alarm Response Messenger (ARM) feature available to Surety subscribers utilizing 24/7 central station monitoring and it is not recommended that both features be utilized simultaneously. More information on the ARM feature can be found here.

Should the Smart Signal features be desired, Surety users with the Gold Automation add on can submit a request to enable these features via the Secure Message Tool.

Hello there, I was wondering if the cancel/verify works only for burglary alarms or shows up when fire alarms trigger as well?

I believe that is still only for Burglary, however I am attempting to confirm with ADC if any other capabilities are available. Will follow up here.

Perfect! We’ll stay in touch!