Upgrading System - Safewatch Pro 3000

I have a Safewatch pro 3000 panel with wired door and window sensors, eleven zones. The chip says “WA3001-5.5 Honeywell 2008 Rev 5.5”. The system itself works fine, but I would like to upgrade the 16-button keypad to something nicer, be able to control the system from my phone, have a “panic” remote/fob, and have central monitoring. Is the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ compatible with this system? What is required/recommended to accomplish this?

Thanks!

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus is an all in one system. It would not just replace the key pad but the whole existing panel. Existing wired sensors could be taken over with a translator, like the Hardwire 16S. Note that this would not work for existing, wired life safety devices. Information on the takeover process can be found through the previous link. Currently, the IQ Panel 2 Plus from Surety includes a six month free trial of service as well.

Alternatively, you could utilize the Alarm.com System Enhancement Module (SEM) with your existing Vista 20p. That module is compatible with firmware 3.1 or higher (WA3001-5.5 from 2008, so you should be good there) This module would allow your existing panel to communicate with Alarm.com. For more information on that route, see the product page here.