TS1 Stuck connecting to Control Panel

For a couple of days a TS1 (kitchen) is not able to connect to the CP. Message on screen says:

Connecting to Control Panel

Please wait

I unplugged and plugged back in (after removing batteries) and still does not work.

Thanks

A quick reset may be helpful. Press and hold both face buttons on the TS1, then release right after the screen goes black.

As long as communication signal strength is not an issue, this often resolves a connection issue.

thanks, did not work. I did it on another panel and it reconnected immediately. I went to the CP and attempted to do a rediscover network but it reads: The panel’s Z-Wave controller is not able to perform this function due to its current state or configuration.

Thanks

TS1’s are not Z-wave devices and do not use the Z-wave radio. The network rediscovery would not apply.

How many TS1’s do you have on the system? I do not see one labeled as a kitchen panel. Can you verify it is enabled in the panel programming?

This would be found in system configuration, skip to the keypad section and scroll to the applicable keypad.

This video shows the programming for a TS1.

I have 3 TS1’s

So the kitchen one was disabled, I enabled it but it has an invalid ID and must be learned again…is not letting me save.

How do I do this when the TS1 is stuck trying to connect?

Thanks,
Felipe

You can default the TS1 by pressing and holding those two face buttons, but instead of letting go when the screen goes black, keep holding the buttons until the buttons light up.

This will power it back up in the ready to pair state.

Thanks, did that …but is not pairing. both CP and TS1 try to pair but fail. Got more suggestions?

On the TS1 pair screen, what is the firmware version reported?

It is v1.16 PRODUCTION Build 14027

You’ll want to bring the main panel closer to the TS1 when initiating the pairing process. Any change?

I attempted all this with the panel next to the TS1 btw

Try powering down the Go!Control Panel, leave it powered down for a minute, then power back up. Then try pairing.

If that fails it does sound like a failure of the TS1.

It did not work…anything else I can do before I buy a replacement TS1? What if the problem is with the CP?

I noticed something strange with the control panel…when I attempt to add z-wave devices I receive the message: z-wave function not available.

Thanks.

A problem with the Control panel is unlikely if the other TS1s still communicate fine. You could test by removing one of the other TS1s and attempting to re-add.

I noticed something strange with the control panel…when I attempt to add z-wave devices I receive the message: z-wave function not available.

If you just powered up the panel when you tried this or if the panel was going through a Z-wave network check it is not unusual to see a please wait message.

What is the exact wording on the panel when you see that? Do you see it all the time? Do you see it when you press “Z-wave” or when you press the wrench icon or device type after pressing “Z-wave”

It is on for a long time and the message still shows, it was showing yesterday also all the time

The exact message when pressing Add Device or Rediscover Network is:

Z-Wave Function Not Available

The panel’s Z-Wave controller is not able to perform this
function due to its current state or configuration

in the controllers section it shows a controller (I dont recall if this is normal or not)

It says

PC Controller node 1 1 unknown manufacturer id:unknown

Thanks

The exact message when pressing Add Device or Rediscover Network is:

Z-Wave Function Not Available

The panel’s Z-Wave controller is not able to perform this
function due to its current state or configuration

Are you using the panel as a secondary controller? Or is it the only Z-wave controller in the network?

is the only controller

The static controller listed as node 1 is normal and expected.

However if your panel is consistently saying that the Z-wave network is in a state or configuration which does not permit adding devices or running a rediscovery, and it is the primary and only panel, then something is amiss.

It looks like in another thread there was an instance where all the Z-wave devices were lost on the panel when reattaching the panel to energized wires. It is possible that damage resulted from that, but it is difficult to say for certain.

Something we can try is to send over a hard reset which will restart the panel processes and has a strong track record of fixing strange issues. If you would like us to go ahead and send one, please confirm.

please do that, thanks

Sent. Allow 5-10 minutes before checking Z-wave after the reboot.