Thermostat not linking

I have 2 CT100 Thermostats connected to my 2GIG GC2 alarm panel. I can view both thermostats and they are successfully named as Upstairs and Downstairs on the panel. From the alarm panel, I am able to control the temperature, however from the Alarm.com website and Alarm.com app, I am unable to view either thermostat. I am able to view my other devices connected to my panel: 3 light switches as well as the front door lock without an issue.

I called Alarm.com to inquire about this. They were able to see that I had the 2 devices connected, but stated that they are not registered as thermostats but are showing as “unkown Z-wave device” - even though my alarm panel shows them as thermostats. How do I update the thermostats so I can view them on the app?

That would be a strange response from the ADC rep, but yes they would be able to see that an unknown device shows up, but it does not register appropriately because of the CT100 support being discontinued by Alarm.com in May of 2018 for new accounts. You can read the original announcement here.

Unfortunately the CT100 is not capable of matching new thermostat operation standards for future features and along with a couple of other models is no longer supported.