Switching to suretyDIY with Sky Control

I am nearing the end of my Vivint contract and am interested in subscribing to your service. I have a few questions. A little about my situation: My current panel is a Vivint Sky Control panel and my understanding is that there is NOT a way to swap out the cellular module and take over that panel to be used with your monitoring service/Alarm.com. If I cannot use the Sky Control panel, I will purchase a 2Gig Go!Control panel to install here. I want to have this system actively monitored and I want to be able to arm/disarm and get alerts via smart phone. Additionally, I have a second home, which is a rental property and it currently has a deactivated Vivint locked Go!Control panel that would need some minor programming tweaks (I’ve removed a z-wave smoke detector, thermostat, and motion detector so I’d need to delete those from the panel’s configuration to avoid nuisance alerts).

Questions:

1. Can Vivint’s Sky Control Panel be taken over and used with your service?
  2. Would I be able to use my existing installed sensors (DW11 and DW21 door sensors, PIR1-345 motion detectors, GB1-345 glass breaks)?
  3. What is your cheapest monthly service that will allow me to remotely arm and disarm the system using smartphone and have active monitoring (your people dispatch authorities if alarm goes off)?
  4. Assuming answer to “1)” above is no, I will use 2Gig Go!Control panel. Can I purchase one AT&T 3G cellular communicator module from you, use that to temporarily unlock the Go!Control panel at my second home so that I can update the sensor configuration then run that panel with out a cellular module (or reinstall the original Vivint locked module if required) so that I can simply use that system as a noisemaker alarm in case of intrusion? I would then want to install the cellular module in my primary home’s panel and have that system actively monitored.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the technical support forum, we are happy to assist!

1) Can Vivint’s Sky Control Panel be taken over and used with your service?
No this is not possible, there is no Alarm.com compatible module for this panel. A new panel would need to be obtained.
2) Would I be able to use my existing installed sensors (DW11 and DW21 door sensors, PIR1-345 motion detectors, GB1-345 glass breaks)?

The DW11 and DW21 sensors are unlikely to work with the 2GIG Go!Control as they appear to be proprietary, the PIR1-345 and GB1-345 should be fine, however. For more information please see this post and this post here.

3) What is your cheapest monthly service that will allow me to remotely arm and disarm the system using smartphone and have active monitoring (your people dispatch authorities if alarm goes off)?

The Basic Interactive plan, with 24/7 Central Station monitoring can be found here. A comparison of our plans, including features and pricing can be found here.

I purchase one AT&T 3G cellular communicator module from you...

You can find the 2GIG AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator here on our storefront.

use that to temporarily unlock the Go!Control panel at my second home so that I can update the sensor configuration then run that panel with out a cellular module (or reinstall the original Vivint locked module if required) so that I can simply use that system as a noisemaker alarm in case of intrusion? I would then want to install the cellular module in my primary home’s panel and have that system actively monitored.

Upon setting up service through suretyDIY, commands are sent to unlock programming and default the installer code, thereby granting you access to your panel’s programming.

Once service has been obtained, a module swap could be performed to unlock programming on the second panel.

This post here offers more information.

I am within a month of Vivint contract expiration, and I’d like to get my panel ready, but I am not quite ready to begin purchasing monthly service from you. Can I update the firmware in my GC2 panel prior to purchasing service from surety? Also, is it safe to update the firmware without a communicator module installed? I have ordered the firmware update cable. Thanks!

Can I update the firmware in my GC2 panel prior to purchasing service from surety? Also, is it safe to update the firmware without a communicator module installed? I have ordered the firmware update cable.

Firmware can be updated on the GC2 at any time. You do not need a communication module installed while performing the update. The update does not affect the module itself.

Note some providers may not officially support newest versions of firmware, so if you have a current provider it would be good to verify with them or wait to update closer to the switch.

Okay so I have Vivint with sky control panel so I think I need the GC3 and a cell card. I have the following sensors that I think will work, could you please confirm?
>2GIG-TAKE-345 takeover unit
>2GIG-DW20R-345 door sensors
>2GIG-SMKT3-345 fire/smoke/freeze sensors
>2GIG-GB1-345 glass break sensors

Also, is there any Google assistant integration with alarm.com?

Yes, those sensor models would work with the GC3 as is.

Alarm.com is compatible with Google Home. Alarm.com with Google Home supports lights (on/off and dimmer), thermostats, locks, garage doors, and the security panel.

Thanks! And just to be clear, Surety requires I use the cell card, right? My preference is to not use it and just use wifi.

This is not a policy we set, but yes, you are correct. All Alarm.com accounts require a valid cellular module connection as the primary communication method. (though it is more overall reliable still than broadband, usually, so I would agree with the requirement)