Smoke False Alarms

I currently have a front point system that uses ge smokes. It is 4 years old and over the last year we have had 4 false alarms. 2 where fire trucks have come. The smokes are cleaned periodically. They are not being set of by steam for cooking smoke. Our home is clean and dust free. No ac or heat blowing across the sensors. 2 of the false alarms the sensors would not stop reporting and are now disabled.

We are moving on from that system to a 2gig from suretydiy. I am very paranoid over false alarms when we are not home. Has anyone set up a 2 gig system with 2 smoke zones needed before dispatch is called. I am thinking of using hardwired smokes with a Firefighter ff345 and wireless smokes both in the same room.

It sounds like over kill to me but again I really cant keep having false alarms when I am not home.

Thanks
Ed

2 of the false alarms the sensors would not stop reporting and are now disabled.

As an aside, this sounds more like a device malfunction if the smoke detectors would not reset with no presence of smoke.

Generally a device malfunction shouldn’t influence consideration on other models. However, I understand reluctance if you’ve experienced numerous false alarms.

We are moving on from that system to a 2gig from suretydiy. I am very paranoid over false alarms when we are not home. Has anyone set up a 2 gig system with 2 smoke zones needed before dispatch is called. I am thinking of using hardwired smokes with a Firefighter ff345 and wireless smokes both in the same room.

This is referred to as Cross-Zoning. The 2GIG Panel supports cross-zoning on two zones, 47 and 48. However, this is for security sensors only. You cannot use CO or Fire detection zones as Cross-Zones.

Alternatively, there are two different fire detection zone types. One standard zone type (09) 24 Hour Fire, and a verification type (16) 24 Hour Fire with Verification.

For Zone type (16), the sensor must be violated twice in two (2) minutes, or remain violated for 30 seconds. If any other fire sensor (verified sensor type or not) violates within two minutes, both sensors will cause a fire alarm. This gives the ability to better ignore some false activation triggers.