Smoke Detector Low Battery 2GIG

Hello,

I have a Gig2 panel and am getting a low battery in smoke detector. I changed the batteries in all smoke detectors as well as the 123 battery in the sensor. I disconnected power to the unit and the battery backup. This temporarily fixed it and an hour later the error message came back.
Please let me know how to correct this,

Thanks

Happy to help

The Smoke Detector learned into your panel, Is this the 2GIG-FF345 FireFighter? If so, the smoke detector reporting a low battery would just reference the FireFighter sensor itself, not the existing smoke detectors as the FireFighter does not monitor existing smoke detector batteries.

When replacing the battery, you will want to remove the cover and old battery and leave the sensor powered down for a full 30 seconds before replacing the battery with a brand new CR123A battery adhering to printed polarity. After doing this any change?

What is the date code/how old is the new battery?

Hello,

I tried to take the battery out and wait 1 minute but the error message and alarm continues. Can you clear on your end?

The notification will clear once the underlying problem has been resolved.

Records indicate that the device is still reporting a low battery and a tamper. The battery is likely old and/or placed in the sensor incorrectly. You will want to be sure to use a new CR123A and follow polarity. Be sure to close the sensor’s cover as well when done.

What is the date code/how old is the new battery?

2026 and I checked the battery on a battery tester and it read completely full. it has been in there for a year or so. I tried a new battery CR123 and got the same results.

When you open the cover of the FireFighter, does the panel beep to report a tamper?

Since your panel is reporting there is a current tamper still on the firefighter, if you have replaced the cover the most likely issue is that the sensor is not powered currently or otherwise cannot communicate with the panel. In addition to checking polarity, you will also want to check for corrosion or other obstruction as well.

The sensor is powered I see the red light when I install the battery. It is placed correctly and no corrosion. The panel beeps every minute or so HOw can I remedy this I have a renter moving in today?

if I disconnect the battery inside the panel, will the beeping stop?

It sounds like the sensor may be malfunctioning if it is powered and still reports the way you are seeing. You can remove that sensor from programming and end the trouble beeps by accessing panel configuration (logo in bottom right, installer code, system configuration) navigate to the sensor in question, and change the sensor type to “Unused”

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:54:53 -0600
Subject: Re: [Surety] Smoke Detector Low Battery 2GIG
Thanks,

The installer has gone out of business. I am the homeowner, is there anyway I can get the programming code or another way of disconnecting?

It looks like this is related to a Surety account, is that not correct? If so the installer code is defaulted during account setup on 2GIG panels to 1561. You can then change it to whatever you wish.

If you have since changed it and do not remember or the code 1561 does not work, you can always reset your installer code in our system manager located in your Surety account dashboard here. Click the System Manager link and enter your Alarm.com password to access troubleshooting features like reset installer code.

Thanks, I’ll try that!
Appreciate the help!