Simon XTi and Hardwired sensors

I’ve checked the forums and haven’t seen any recommended translators for hardwired door sensors to the 319.5 frequency for a Simon XTi panel. Do you have any recommendations or experience with this combination?

You’re looking for the Resolution Products RE108, you can find it re-branded for GE as the GE Security 13-551.

Unfortunately all of the retail sources indicate that item is discontinued or no longer available. Since Qolsys also uses 319 would any of their translators work?

Did you search for RE108? It was rebranded and may not ship as the RE108 anymore. Looks like the GE Security 13-551 is available (even on Amazon).

The original Qolsys Hardwire translator (not the Hardwire 16) was also a rebranded RE108, but we have not tried using a Hardwire 16 with a different GE panel. The Hardwire 16 was built specifically for the IQ panel and has a bit more to the setup process than the RE108 does. I would imagine it should work though, yes.

yeah, I’ve seen that page on Amazon, among other sites which looked somewhat sketchy. I’ll give the 13-551 a shot and go from there.
Quick question, all of the install videos suggest using a paperclip or wire to trip the sensor. If it’s a door sensor, wouldn’t opening the door work as well??

Quick question, all of the install videos suggest using a paperclip or wire to trip the sensor. If it’s a door sensor, wouldn’t opening the door work as well??

Yes, opening a door or window sensor would be the same as removing a jumper wire. Motion detectors you might want to learn in with a jumper then test after connecting them so you do not need to worry about walking in front of them repeatedly during the learn process for other sensors.

yeah, I’ve seen that page on Amazon, among other sites which looked somewhat sketchy. I’ll give the 13-551 a shot and go from there.

I see why it is in short supply, the original model Resolution Translators are no longer manufactured. Similar to the RE524X translator they are using a single universal Hardwired Translator, the 508X. I would recommend the 508X as you’ll find it from a larger variety of vendors.

The 508X allows you to select the wireless RF frequency to use from the major security vendors, including 319.5 GE.

Ok, the 13-551 never showed up after a full month of waiting. It continually showed March 7th which has obviously come and gone with no word. After further review, it seems these specific hard-wired models have been discontinued in favor of the “universal” model RE508X that you mentioned. Unfortunately Amazon nor any other reputable online retailer has the 508x however they do have the 524X (wireless to wireless). I need wired.
From the Mfr site:
We have reduced the number of Translator and Repeater SKUs from 19 down to 2.
Field configurable RF. Just set the dial to the brand of sensor and the brand of panel being installed. You no longer need a specific model set to the specific manufacturers frequency.

Any other suggestions?

I can update our team and let them know there has been a request for the 508X. I believe they are considering adding it as a product in our store. I can update this thread if it becomes available.

I’m not aware of another GE wired translator at this time.

Great, Thanks!

I may have to troll eBay for one.