Replacing battery of 2Gig smoke & heat detector

Can anyone please tell me the complete way process of addressing an active smoke detector with low battery. I have 24/7 monitoring so removing and replacing the battery will send a signal of tampering?

My smoke detector began chirping and a low battery message was shown on the panel. I pressed the hush button on the detector before I was to get some batteries. Detector went off and I got a call from the monitoring company. After clearings things up with them that it is really a false alarm, I checked the monitor and see if I can bypass the sensor but I don’t see it there.

P.S. I like the new logo. Is there a new outdoor sign with the new logo? I like it a lot better than the one with the big eye.

I have 24/7 monitoring so removing and replacing the battery will send a signal of tampering?

Tamper alerts do not result in monitoring response unless the panel is armed and a sensor is tampered. The panel will beep, but the central station will not respond. You cannot manually bypass fire detectors, be sure to replace the batteries soon.

When replacing the batteries, be sure to leave the sensor powered off for about 60 seconds. Then power up with new batteries.

I like the new logo. Is there a new outdoor sign with the new logo? I like it a lot better than the one with the big eye.

Yes, new signs and stickers are available! You can request new signs if you have an active Surety subscription by navigating to your account dashboard by clicking My Surety Account in the header, choose Subscriptions > Order Signs and Stickers for the active subscription you are viewing.

Thanks for your quick response. I got it done last night and I followed your instructions in the other posts that the sensor needs to power down for more than 20 seconds. I waited for at least a minute before I inserted the new batteries and no issues after that. Took me 10 minutes to do the whole thing because the old batteries are really hard to remove.

I just placed my order for the new signs. Thanks again.

Took me 10 minutes to do the whole thing because the old batteries are really hard to remove.

The SMKT3 batteries are definitely a bear to remove. Glad to hear its resolved for you!