Help Forum

Replace Panel Battery Reminder

Support Replace Panel Battery Reminder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roger
    Participant

Panel is 2gig GC2 with 2400mAh Ni-MH battery.

I was recently doing some home updates and had the breaker turned off that provides AC power to my alarm panel. The panel responded as expected and advised loss of AC power. After about 0.5 hour it advised of a low battery condition for the panel. I was surprised by short period of backup, but realized the panel has been in service for over 5 years, with no battery change, and doubtless has lost capacity.

Of course this battery replacement, or lack thereof, is my responsibility, but it might be a good idea to have some form of annual, or greater interval message to pop up on the screen as a reminder.

I replaced the battery with a new 2600 mAh, same chemistry. Oddly I did not find replacement batteries on the Surety storefront, but they are available elsewhere. I have not had an extended “power outage” since, but I assume all is well.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Of course this battery replacement, or lack thereof, is my responsibility, but it might be a good idea to have some form of annual, or greater interval message to pop up on the screen as a reminder.

That is a good idea to implement on the panel, and we would be happy to suggest this to the manufacturer as a feature on your behalf! It is not outside of the realm of possibility for a panel to roughly gauge battery health from the voltage drop when used.

Battery life will be heavily impacted by usage patterns and age, but replacing the battery every few years is never a bad idea in general.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.