Qolsys IQ2+ Z-wave or other combo smoke/CO support?

Have you heard of any plans from Qolsys to support smoke/CO combination sensors? It is really unfortunate that no supported sensors offer a combination detector for smoke+CO, between the expense of buying 2 sensors, 2 sets of batteries and then the multiple ceiling warts the separate sensors aren’t something I am looking to embrace.

My current solution is using the FirstAlert wireless interconnected combination detectors (SCO501CN-3ST) combined with a single Encore FireFighter sensor to integrate them. I would much rather have the option of using the Z-wave version of the FirstAlert combination sensors (ZCOMBO) and integrate directly to the panel to gain battery monitoring and independent tracking for each sensor location…and perhaps detection for both CO and smoke.

Did I miss finding Qolsys, PowerG, or other compatible combination detectors that would work with my IQ2+?

One of the things to remember with Smoke Detector and Carbon combo sensors: the best location for Smoke Detection is not necessarily the best location for Carbon Monoxide detection.

CO is slightly lighter than air, but it tends to mix easily with air rather than quickly rise like smoke. Also, CO is usually produced by fuel burning appliances, which if malfunctioning and producing heat can cause a pocket of hot air which may slow CO from reaching the detector. While smoke detectors should always be high up within inches of or on the ceiling, the same is not necessarily true for Carbon monoxide detectors. NFPA 72 does not specify a location on the wall for Carbon Monoxide detectors in residences though, so the manufacturer’s instructions should always be followed.

That said, due to their popularity, I have heard rumors of interest in a 319.5 version, but I do not know of one actually in the works yet. Usually it would be pretty close to release for any details to be available. The Firefighter solution you employ is the best option currently for what you are looking for.