Help Forum

Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ Wired Door Sensor

Support Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ Wired Door Sensor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant

I am looking to purchase the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ for a home that has a few wired doors that can take a wired door sensor. It doesn’t look like I see any on your site that you sell, but do you recommend any? I see that they need to be on the 319.5 frequency.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Wired door contacts do not use a wireless frequency. A wired door contact is just a magnet and a reed switch which is closed by the magnet. The alarm panel or transmitter it is wired to watches the wired circuit to tell when it is opened and closed. Their open status is determined by the device they are wired to based on resistance.

You could use a QS1137-840 as the wireless transmitter for each zone, or if you have a handful of zones which will be wired, you could use an IQ Hardwire 8 or Hardwire 16 takeover module. Any normal hardwired door contact would work with this setup.

Dan
    Participant

That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.