Qolsys IQ Panel 2 possible menu bug

I received a severe weather alert on the panel in a popup message. It asked if I wanted to continue receiving these alerts and I clicked ‘no’. It then redirected me to the section of the installation menu to enable and disable the various types of alerts.

The problem is there’s no exit option from this menu. It looks like a bug. I can’t right or left swipe, pull down, or click on any area on the screen to exit the menu. I can arm and disarm from the keyfob but it doesnt change the screen. The physical button on the right will turn off the screen but not change the menu. The panel is still active in that I can arm/disarm with the keyfob or alatm.com app but I cant go to the home screen.

I’m guessing I’ll need to disconnect the battery and power source to reboot but the installation instructions warned never to do that because it may damage the panel. Any suggestions?

Attaching a screenshot. The screen will scroll down to show more options but nothing to return to the menu.

A quick update. I’d left the panel up overnight and and some point it must have returned itself back to the main menu. So I guess you can disregard this issue. Thanks.

Very strange. I’ve not encountered a severe weather alert on an IQ Panel 2 here, but the good news is that this is something we can very easily recreate and test.

We’ll follow up here with what we find out. It may just be an inconsistency with how the engineers dismissed other menus.

It is still an issue if you cannot leave the menu, but I assumed it would time-out after a short while. I’m glad that was true for you.