Qolsys IQ Panel 2 no comms with Central Station

Just set up a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 but Central Station says they are not receiving any alarm signals.

• I have 3 bars at the panel (Cell Strength -97 Dbm)
<li>System is in TEST</li>

<li>Initial instructions stated "<em>If the Cellular Connection Status displayed says “registered” you can skip to step 3. If the Registration Status displayed does not say “registered” then you need to reboot your control panel.</em>"</li>

<li>I only saw "connected" and the provider listed as Verizon when I first checked this so I have rebooted the panel but it still does not say "registered".</li>

<li>I tested initially with an "Arm Stay" and then opening a window sensor.</li>

<li>Second test was an "Arm Away" with a different sensor.</li>

<li>Both times the alarm sounded at the panel and I disarmed after several seconds</li>

<li>I then called Central Station and while they have my account info they are not receiving the alarm signals.</li>
<ol>
  • Do I need to wait longer before disarming the panel to ensure the signals are sent when in TEST mode?
  • <li>If no, to above, what are the next steps to determine why they are not receiving the signals?</li></ol>
    Do I need to wait longer before disarming the panel to ensure the signals are sent when in TEST mode? If no, to above, what are the next steps to determine why they are not receiving the signals?

Yes, you do need to wait longer before disarming, however it is not due to Test mode with the central station.

If you check in your history in Alarm.com, you will see those alarms showing as “Pending” alarms, which means the signal has not been forwarded yet. This is due to dialer delay. This is a panel setting, and you can adjust it depending on the panel. For the IQ Panel 2, a description of the Dialer Delay feature and how to adjust it is on page 24 of the manual.

To change the Dialer Delay range to 0-254 seconds so you can completely remove it, you would need to disable SIA Limits per the instructions on page 21.

For signals with dialer delay, Alarm.com receives a “Pending” message first, then awaits the confirmation signal. This allows Crash and Smash protection to function even with Dialer delay active.

+1
    Thanks, Warren. That’s what I suspected as I was just looking over the logs on ADC and saw that “pending”. Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll set it to a lower number to keep from freaking out my dogs again (for too long).

Happy to help!

• Test was successful after letting delay expire (disabled SIA and set dialer delay to 2 seconds)
    <li>After confirmation that CS was receiving signals, re-enabled SIA and confirmed dialer delay was set to 30 seconds</li>