Qolsys 1.6.1?

I saw that 1.6.1 was released a while ago. I’m on 1.5.3 and whenever I try to look for an upgrade online, it tells me that no upgrades have been found.

Is there a patch tag I can use to force the update?

Information on this update can be found here.

If you have IQ2s, it cannot yet be downloaded as there is not a corresponding IQ2 software.

I would not generally recommend downloading early using patch tags (unless a specific fix is known to be implemented) as the software will be moved to the auto-update queue when it is fully tested and deemed stable.

I don’t have IQ2s…still won’t let me update :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are looking to download prior to auto-update, you can use the patch tag “systest161”

I’m after the alleged improvements to two-way voice and image sensors among the other updates. I guess I can wait until it’s available but I figured it was already out after th announcement of said upgrade on the forum that I’m subscribed to.

Not a problem. Qolsys makes firmware available for manual download before setting it to auto-update on panels with that feature enabled. I just suggest caution typically until it is slated for auto-update. This one is a bit behind I’d bet due to the IQ2 software not being ready at the same time though, and you should be able to get the new version using that patch tag above if you do not have IQ2s.

I’m excited for the disarm photos to be made available through ADC.

Thanks Jason. Yeah, the disarm photos being online is another nice addition. There was also something wifi related if I’m not mistaken. Overall it looks like a nice feature rich update so I’m anxious to try it.

I’ll see how long I can hold out :slight_smile:

Is there an auto-update release schedule? I am on 1.5.3 and just installed the Schlage Connect BE469NX and I have basic functionality from the panel but nothing from Alarm.com or the App. As you can imagine, I’m itching to gain some of the more advanced features from the panel, the lock, and alarm.com.

It sounds like auto-update this time around will be a bit different. Keep in mind if you have an IQ2, 1.6.1 is not yet available because a corresponding IQ2 firmware is not yet ready (as of last correspondence, no ETA, but we’ll check on that)

ADC officially supports 1.6.1 however, so if you have no IQ2, you can download 1.6.1 via patch tag systest161

FYI, I pushed the update over the weekend. So far so good. I’m wondering about turning two-way voice back on since there are supposed to be improvements in the way that’s handled with the image sensors. Can you shed any light on that Jason?

Also, what’s the secret for seeing the Qolsys camera pics on ADC?

As an update… I upgraded to 1.6.1 and all sensors seem to be working and I now have Arm/Disarm photos online and in the app. However, I am still limited to basic functionality of the Schlage Connect (BE469NX) through the panel. I still have no ability to write rules/scenes in the alarm.com app or website… so… I guess I’ll have to wait on that kind of functionality in further releases or am i expecting too much or doing it wrong?

anyway… i still am pretty happy with the lock itself… Easy to install and setup. I added a new un-lock code this morning in less than 5 minutes. It would have been faster if I paid any kind of attention to the directions.

thanks for the info!

I’m wondering about turning two-way voice back on since there are supposed to be improvements in the way that’s handled with the image sensors. Can you shed any light on that Jason?

Also, what’s the secret for seeing the Qolsys camera pics on ADC?

Checking with Qolsys to determine expected function out of two way now. (hopefully it functions like other panels now with IS and two way voice)

Under the image sensors page in Alarm.com, there is a rule which can be turned on for disarm/alarm photos.

I still have no ability to write rules/scenes in the alarm.com app or website…

are you a suretyDIY subscriber? If so, note that locks/lights etc. will only be available on ADC if you have Interactive Gold.

Under the empower tab in Alarm.com you can find the rules page. Here you can set up rules for your Z-wave devices.

Checking with Qolsys to determine expected function out of two way now. (hopefully it functions like other panels now with IS and two way voice)

Hopefully :slight_smile:

Under the image sensors page in Alarm.com, there is a rule which can be turned on for disarm/alarm photos.

Found it, thanks.

Appreciate the follow-up Warren.

-J.P.

I’m wondering about turning two-way voice back on since there are supposed to be improvements in the way that’s handled with the image sensors.

According to Qolsys there should be no arbitrary delay with the new firmware.

are you a suretyDIY subscriber? If so, note that locks/lights etc. will only be available on ADC if you have Interactive Gold.

No, I’m a customer of a local security company

Under the empower tab in Alarm.com you can find the rules page. Here you can set up rules for your Z-wave devices.

I’m attaching pictures of what i see in the emPower Tabs

any direction would be great! thanks!

emPower_Main-1.tiff (117 KB)

emPower_Devices-1.tiff (87.6 KB)

emPower_Scenes-1.tiff (60.7 KB)

emPower_NewScene-1.tiff (83.7 KB)

If you do not see the rules, lights, locks, etc. on your empower tab, you would need to talk to your provider to determine if these are supported and can be added. These are pages which would be seen on the first image (main empower tab) with links next to thermostats, devices, etc.

So if it’s their position that it’s safe to resume two-way voice monitoring, let’s do that for my account. Hopefully their right the time lol.

It’s been turned back on for your account. Let us know if you get a chance to test. We will test as well.

If you do not see the rules, lights, locks, etc. on your empower tab, you would need to talk to your provider to determine if these are supported and can be added. These are pages which would be seen on the first image (main empower tab) with links next to thermostats, devices, etc.

Thanks! I’ve given them a call and they are going to get that added on!

Thanks Jason. I’ll try some testing over the weekend; sooner if time allows.