Problem programming 2GIG-DW10-345 for Interior Door

I have installed a 2Gig-DW10-345 Thin Door/Window Contact on an interior door. I have programmed it into my GO!Control! panel as follows:

• Sensor Type: (04) interior follower
• Equipment type: Contact
• Equipment code: (0862) 2GIG Thin Door/Window Contact
• Serial Number: 0906872
• Equipment Age: New
• Loop Number: 2
• Dialer Delay: Disabled
• Voice Descriptor: master bedroom door
• Reports: Disabled
• Supervised: Enabled
• Chime: (04) Ding-Dong with Voice #2

I plan to write a rule to notify me whenever someone goes through this door even when the alarm is disabled. I don’t need to report this to the monitoring station.

According to the 2GIG Go!Control! Install Guide, “Interior follower sensors are always bypassed and not active when the system is armed in Stay Mode”.

However, when I attempt to arm the system in “Stay Mode” with the door open, I am required to manually bypass this sensor. I don’t have this problem with my interior follower motion sensors.

Am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood the programming guide?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

However, when I attempt to arm the system in “Stay Mode” with the door open, I am required to manually bypass this sensor. I don’t have this problem with my interior follower motion sensors.

Am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood the programming guide?

I am not sure if it has always been this way, I don’t recall testing this specifically, but I can confirm as of 1.19 firmware on the GC2 it will show the bypass screen when tapping ARM with an Interior Follower Contact open. This is before you would select Away or Stay.

It doesn’t list out the sensor in the device list needed to bypass, just shows an empty list but requires you to select “Bypass All” anyway, so it may in fact be a bug and unintended. (I can’t think of a reason you would want this to function in this manner)

When armed stay, interior follower zones are supposed to be bypassed in the panel, so arming normally and bypassing the Interior Contact manually should hurt anything, other than being a silly extra step.

By chance do you see the same activity out of Sensor Type (10) Interior with Delay?

We will report this to 2GIG for review.

Sensor Type: (10) Interior with Delay
Equipment Type: Contact

The system did the same thing with the above settings.