Support Forum

Old IQ Panel 2 Plus will not support Zwave S2 security?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PowerGisGood
    Participant

Now that firmware version 2.4.0 is available, the TSB portion of Zwave states:

“Z-Wave: •Panel support for Z-Wave version 6.81.03, which includes S2 security and SmartStart. (Note: 6.81.03 will only be loaded on panels that are manufactured with 2.4.0 and not for panels that receive 2.4.0 OTA)•SmartStart enables faster, easier enrollment by using the built-in Panel Camera to scan the QR code on SmartStart enabled devices. Simply scan the device and power it up”

Does that mean existing owners of IQ Panel 2/Plus need to buy new panels in order to receive the new zwave feature set? I just purchased a brand new IQ Panel 2 Plus about 1.5 months ago and it is a little concerning that early adopters, existing owners may be left behind with such an important Zwave feature set.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yes, unfortunately 6.81.03 is a Z-wave radio version pre-loaded into new panel Z-wave. Existing panels cannot receive this as an update at this time. It may actually require alternate Z-wave radio hardware, but either way unfortunately only new panels will have access to 6.81.03.

QR Code scanning for S-line sensors is not included in this limitation and all panels should have access with 2.4.

PowerGisGood
    Participant

Can we inquire further with Qolsys regarding the future of Z-Wave Plus on pre 2.4.0 panels? Is this a radio hardware difference issue, or is this something they will provide OTA in the future. Will we be able to purchase a new Z-Wave Plus daughter card pre-flashed with 6.81.03? I find this pretty disappointing as one of the touted features of Z-Wave Plus is specifically the ability to “future-proof” the home with OTA firmware updates.

This maybe another end-user disappointment similar to earlier adopters of IQ Panels wanting to upgrade to PowerG.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

We’ve reached out to Qolsys for more info and will update here when we hear word.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 does use Z-wave Plus. As far as the new version goes, we’ve requested if they are investigating possible ways of adding this to existing panels in the future. I don’t think we will get too many specifics at this time, but it’s a good question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.