New Build with Interlogix

It’s been a while since I have lurked around this forum. I’ve been with Surety for ~4 years now… I used their forums and products to take over a Vivint system I had installed a number of years ago. Well, I am finally moving into a new build. The home comes with an Interlogix Ultrasync Modular Hub, Ultrasync Z-Wave Module, and an Ultrasync Doorbell.

As far as I can tell the Interlogix stuff isn’t going to be useful to me if I decide to go with the GC3 or Qolsys panels since they have their own Z-Wave module in them already.

I am not very familiar with Interlogix. I have been happy with my Go Control Panel and all the Z-wave contacts/sensors that Vivint installed. What are some recommendations for integrating this system with Alarm.com in the new home?

Right now I am looking to install my own wireless sensors (the builder was just charging way too much for prewire/wired devices and with the wifes’ input I’m already over budget). At this point here is my list of devices I am planning on: 3x recessed door contacts, 7x low profile window/door contacts, Smoke/CO2 (not sure if I can get away with the Firefighter system yet or not, my understanding is to best use Firefighter all the existing smoke need to be wired together so when one goes off they all go off, correct?), 3x Glass Break, 2x thermostat (zoned HVAC system). Besides that, at some point, I hope to add: 2-6 Cameras, 3x PIR, a safe with a switch, water and freeze detectors, energy monitoring, dimmer switches for inside and porch lights, and a few lamp switches.

Any opinion or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Note that we only provide service for Alarm.com compatible alarm systems. Interlogix Ultrasync is not an Alarm.com compatible system. Compatible panels are listed on our home page.

I am not very familiar with Interlogix. I have been happy with my Go Control Panel and all the Z-wave contacts/sensors that Vivint installed. What are some recommendations for integrating this system with Alarm.com in the new home?

Are you looking to reuse your existing 2GIG System, or are you talking about using the Ultrasync? We would not be able to provide service using the Ultrasync.

If you are looking for a new system, not using the 2GIG Panel, we currently have a promotional offer on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. The 6 months free service trial can be applied to an existing subscription or new users.

The Qolsys panel would provide access to both Encrypted S-line sensors and Encrypted Power G sensors.

not sure if I can get away with the Firefighter system yet or not, my understanding is to best use Firefighter all the existing smoke need to be wired together so when one goes off they all go off, correct?)

Correct, the Firefighter is an audio detector which is mounted within 6 inches of a detector and listens for the temporal siren of the smoke detector. It is intended for use with hardwired interconnected smoke detectors because if one goes off, they all sound.

Appreciate the feedback Jason. I understand that interlogix is not supported by Alarm.com. I am looking at how to best incorporate what the builder is installing in the house and a new alarm system. I will not be taking my GC2 panel with me. Most likely I will get a GC3 panel. I need to read up on the Qolsys panel.

Any recommendations on how to tie in an existing Interlogix Modular Hub and either a GC3 or the Qolsys?

You wouldn’t integrate the hub itself, steps and any necessary equipment would be determined by the sensors that are installed with the system if the builder was installing sensors.

If pre-wired, depending on the panel you choose, you would make use of the wired sensors with a Hardwired to wireless translator. For Qolsys you could use the Hardwire 16, for 2GIG the TAKE-345. These will take hardwired zone circuits and relay them as wireless signals to the Qolsys or 2GIG alarm panel.

If you are just going all new sensors as you said originally, you wouldn’t need to consider anything regarding the builder installed system at all. It simply wouldn’t be usable.

If you are having the builder install Z-wave lighting or other Z-wave automation devices, they may be compatible. Do you have any peripheral device models being installed or just the hub and doorbell?

As far as video doorbells go, only the Skybell HD and Alarm.com Skybell Slim Line are currently compatible with Alarm.com. You would not be able to use the Ultrasync Doorbell