Low battery wont reset Kiwikset

Hi I have two questions. 1) My garage door Kiwikset lock showed low battery. I replaced the batteries and waited an hour and rediscovered the network, yet I still have the low warning message.

1. on the alarm.com thermostat, what is the number below the target temp, humidity?

See attached pics.

Thanks

There may be a short delay in the panel updating ADC with the lock’s status. It looks like that particular lock is no longer showing low battery in Alarm.com, correct?

on the alarm.com thermostat, what is the number below the target temp, humidity?

Yes, that is the humidity display.

I also have been getting low battery notifications from my Schlage lock even after replacing the batteries the notifications remain.

I also have been getting low battery notifications from my Schlage lock even after replacing the batteries the notifications remain.

When did you replace the batteries?

You do have a low battery alert for the “Front Door” but I see the “Garage Door” also had a recent low battery alert. Can you confirm which one you are referring to?

I replaced the batteries for back door yesterday and replaced the batteries for the other doors over a week ago. The notice seems to only be for the front door at the moment. All the batteries are at 100% on the panel.

A lot of the time, if you notice Z-wave or sensor low battery or supervision status not update quickly in ADC, activity at the device can spur the panel to forward that info. Running a cell phone test from the panel will also help resolve a delay in status update sometimes. The panel has to send the lock’s status to ADC and there can be a delay if it is not sent immediately since the panel is not polling for that info.

In this case I have sent a status update request to the panel and it looks like that low battery alert is gone now.

Thank you!

Thanks Jason all good now…

Hi Jason, I’m experiencing a very similar behavior. I replaced the batteries in a zwave Kwikset Convert and a day later it’s still reporting low battery @ 30%. I ran a cell test and zwave test to no avail.

Thanks

Yours still reports low battery after status updates.

Try removing the batteries for 1 full minute, then re-insert.

Did you replace all batteries at the same time? (never leave any old batteries mixed with new ones.)

I did replace all the batteries at the same time. I’ll try removing for a minute and see if that does it. Thanks.

Guess I was just too quick on the first battery replacement. Giving it a minute did the trick. Thank you!

Thanks for confirming! That’s a common thing for some devices, giving about a minute powered off is necessary to fully drain the charge.