Support Forum

Low Battery Life on a CT-80

Support Low Battery Life on a CT-80

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Diamond Dog
    Participant

I replaced a CT-80 but am using it to monitor temperatures in an AV cabinet so that I can see it through ADC. It is not running a HVAC system and is on batteries.

I thought it was supposed to get a year or two. The batteries run out in about a month. I have swapped batteries a few times and same outcome.

Could there be a setting that is improperly set that is draining my batteries quickly?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

The device is labeled “Media Cabinet Sensor” correct?

This tstat is showing as having been learned in on AC power, which means it would be operating in full power repeater mode all the time.

If you intend to only use it on batteries, you would want to remove it from the panel and relearn it in while only operating on battery power. This should put it in power save mode when paired and it will no longer function as a repeater.

Diamond Dog
    Participant

Thanks.

There is no way I would ever have figured this out on my own nor do I believe most providers would have figured it out either. This is a testament to the benefits you receive with Surety.

With that being said, it doesnt show the temperture anymore when I bring it up anymore on the app. I wanted to use this device to monitor temp

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Diamond Dog.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Diamond Dog.
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Are you able to view it on the panel itself?

Just in case, always be sure to learn in the thermostat when it is within about 6 feet of the alarm panel. Since you want to learn it in on battery power, you can just bring it to the panel, remove it, wait a minute, and learn it back in.

This proximity is required for non-NWI compliant devices and further distance learning can often cause ongoing issues.

After learning it in and placing it back in its permanent spot, try running a network rediscovery to ensure it can relay data to the panel via the best possible path in your Z-wave network.

Does this resolve the issue you are currently seeing?

Diamond Dog
    Participant

I learned in the thermostat about 6 inches from the panel.

I did a rediscover network (2 times)

It comes up on the panel (it takes FOREVER)

I can not get it to read current temp on the app.

I try pullng down the screen on the app to refresh to no avail

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

A delay in displaying the temp can happen, and as long as a network rediscovery is run and the device is learned in on battery this should work.

It looks like in fact the thermostat is now reporting a temp in the ADC backend, so you should see one in the app and website now. Can you confirm?

The thermostat correctly shows as being learned in on battery at this time as well, so it is in power save mode now.

Diamond Dog
    Participant

Its all of a sudden much faster.

I know we are not really using this device for its intended application.

Is there a better way to do this? I really just want to read temp inside this media cabinet

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Glad to hear that it is faster.

There is not a temperature gauge that reports to Alarm.com in the manner you are looking for. The way you are using the extra tstat is likely the best option through Alarm.com for this application.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.