Issues with 2GIG GC3 Blank Screen

Hello. My screen on the arming console is not working. It is blank and when you touch it to wake it up, it goes all white. The system appears to let me arm and disarm, and the sensor voice announcements are working. Also, I can see the system on the Alarm.com web page.
What can I do to troubleshoot this?
Thanks

Update: Now the screen is on, but I am getting announcements sometimes an hour after a window has been opened. :frowning:

I am happy to assist!

Some display abnormalities have been resolved in the past with a hard reboot. I have sent a hard reboot command to your panel, any change?

Hi Tyler. The panel was working again this morning, but I was getting delayed and erroneous alerts (Like that the panel was disarmed.)
Just now, I heard the system say “System disarmed, not ready to arm” Is that a result of the reset? Also, the panel said that twice earlier today when I was not doing anything on it.

Just now, I heard the system say “System disarmed, not ready to arm” Is that a result of the reset?

Yes, a reboot would result in the panel re-announcing status.

Also, the panel said that twice earlier today when I was not doing anything on it.

The panel will announce status if you press the status button or if programming times out. If you did not enter programming earlier it is possible that a power problem exists, which may explain the screen issue. It could also be a hardware problem.

To verify a power issue, can you verify that you are and have been using the included plug in transformer that came with the panel? The panel should not be powered by anything other than its 14VDC transformer.

Have you done any work on your electrical panel recently?

Have you had power outages due to storms recently?

Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage at the panel terminals?

How far is the panel’s power cable run?

Hi Jason.

To verify a power issue, can you verify that you are and have been using the included plug in transformer that came with the panel? Yes, I used the supplied power transformer.

Have you done any work on your electrical panel recently? Not in the last week.

Have you had power outages due to storms recently? No

Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage at the panel terminals? Yes.

How far is the panel’s power cable run? About 5 feet.

I also just heard it tell me a window was just opened that I am sitting next to. It has been open (all the way) all day. Weird.

I also just heard it tell me a window was just opened that I am sitting next to. It has been open (all the way) all day. Weird.

This is normal. When a panel reboots, it will do so into a state where it assumes all sensors closed until a status signal from the sensor says otherwise. This typically happens at the supervision interval for the sensor.

It sounds like you may be noticing this exact behavior after a reboot.

Do your sensors otherwise report open/close as soon as you open them?

Ah. So it makes sense. The alerts I was hearing were only on windows that were open during the reset.

Can I get you to also check something for me? I accidentally triggered my alarm yesterday morning, but never got a phone call nor did the police arrive. I disarmed it shortly after I triggered it. I don’t remember there being a “grace period” where if you disarm it quickly they don’t call.

You can apply a “grace period” delay to sensors individually based on the transmission delay setting. This can be enabled on a per sensor basis on 2GIG panels. You can check this under sensor programming.

Did this alarm occur with the panel in the white-screen state?

Yes. I believe it was when the screen was not functioning normally.

We are looking into the Alarm.com and Central Station history to check on this. It looks like it was in fact due to the abort signal, but I’m not sure yet if the panel state influenced it.

I just bought a gc3 panel and upon boot up all I have is a white screen. It appears to come up and function but nothing on the display except white, what can I do to reset the device since it is not in service yet

I just bought a gc3 panel and upon boot up all I have is a white screen. It appears to come up and function but nothing on the display except white, what can I do to reset the device since it is not in service yet

You can power cycle the panel by unplugging the transformer, then the battery. Wait two minutes, then plug in battery followed by the transformer. Any luck?

If not you can try to perform a factory reset:

1. Disconnect all power to the Control Panel.
  2. On the inside back of the Control Panel, plug in the backup battery.
  3. Connect DC power to the Control Panel.
  4. Wait until the Home and Emergency buttons begin flashing and simultaneously press and hold down the Home and Emergency buttons. The Home and Emergency buttons will flash at a faster rate to indicate that the key press was registered.
  5. Release the buttons only after both the Home and Emergency are lit (the screen should turn on as well, about 20 seconds).

I have tried this several times and same outcome everytime, the panel comes up with a white screen and says system armed. I cannot see screen to disarm it.

Have you never seen a successful display?

Be sure that you are using the included power supply that came with the panel. If you are and the panel will not boot to a display and a reset does not work, then this is likely a physical defect.

Be sure to contact the vendor where it was purchased for warranty replacement info.

Thanks for your help, I have another coming to replace it!