IQ2+ Voice Prompts and Hardwire 16 learning questions

Hi,

Regarding voice prompts, when I open a door, it tells me the door is open and when I close it, it says door tamper… I would have thought it should say door closed? Can this be changed?

With the hardwire 16, if I have auto-learned some sensors and I still have a few left. Can I just hit auto learn and it wont forgot the ones already there? Or do I have to do them all again?

Also is there a way based on the sensor id to tell which zone its plugged into?

Thanks,
Justin

Regarding voice prompts, when I open a door, it tells me the door is open and when I close it, it says door tamper.. I would have thought it should say door closed? Can this be changed?

Is this a sensor learned into the Hardwire 16 or is this a wireless sensor?

With the hardwire 16, if I have auto-learned some sensors and I still have a few left. Can I just hit auto learn and it wont forgot the ones already there? Or do I have to do them all again?

Did you follow the steps outlined in the hard wire 16 manual for learning in the initial batch of wired zones and you are just looking to add more? This would be possible.

If a zone is calibrated correctly and tripped, the corresponding Zone LED on the hard wire should illuminate.

Regarding voice prompts, when I open a door, it tells me the door is open and when I close it, it says door tamper.. I would have thought it should say door closed? Can this be changed?

Is this a sensor learned into the Hardwire 16 or is this a wireless sensor?

Yes they are all learned sensors in the Hardwire 16.

Did you follow the steps outlined in the hard wire 16 manual for learning in the initial batch of wired zones and you are just looking to add more? This would be possible.

Yes, I missed two sensors so wasn’t sure what was the best way to get them added.

If a zone is calibrated correctly and tripped, the corresponding Zone LED on the hard wire should illuminate.

Ok, though what about the ID that appears when you trigger the sensor on the display? Like does XXXA1 equal to zone 1? My issue is that I took over a panel where the zones where not labeled. I could guess the motions as they needed power. Though telling which one is which is was little harder since when I registered them someone else was in the house also tripping them. I was able to get all the doors. I did a sensor test though it was hard to determine which one was triggering in the display.

Yes they are all learned sensors in the Hardwire 16.

Do you have a resistor between 1 and 10 kohm wired on each circuit? The Hardwire should not report tamper when the zone is closed. If it does, this indicates that the resistance that the hardwire 16 is looking for is incorrect.

This would suggest one of two problems:

1. The zones were learned in with a jumper or without resistors on the circuit, then resistors were added.
  2. No resistors are present, or are not between 1 and 10 kohm.

If this is the issue, all zones will need to be relearned, because the Hardwire 16 registers the resistance for each zone circuit when learning it in. If it changes later it must be relearned.

You would do this by using the memory reset button and starting over with all zones.

Like does XXXA1 equal to zone 1?

Yes, actually, the ID will be incrementally increasing for each zone.

Thanks Jason.

Yes, I used the original resistors that were on the system. I didn’t work out what they were and assumed they would be ok. I will check tonight when I get home.

I put the ones supplied on the motions so that is pretty much the difference.

Quick update.

I replaced all the other resistors with the 4.7K ones, reset and reprogrammed, everything appears to be working correctly. I believe the old resistors were 2.2 ohms.

So should the voice prompt inform you when the sensor is closed? As it only appears to announce when its open?

I replaced all the other resistors with the 4.7K ones, reset and reprogrammed, everything appears to be working correctly

That’s great news! Thank you for the update!

So should the voice prompt inform you when the sensor is closed? As it only appears to announce when its open?

That is expected, the panel will just chime when the sensor is opened.