Image Motion Sensor

I have a 2GIG GC2 system with an image motion sensor. The sensor works and tests fine when the system is not armed. I’ve turned the chimes on and if I move around it’s area it chimes on the control panel. I’ve tried arming the system many times, in the “Away” mode then walking out of the room for at least 10 minutes before walking back in. Nothing happens even if I walk around the room for several minutes with the system armed. The siren will not go off. All programming looks good. Is this sensor not allowed to trigger the local siren?

I’m not seeing a related surety subscription so I wouldn’t be able to verify back-end programming details, but in general the sensor will perform based on the type of sensor it is programmed as.

Is the sensor programmed as a type (23) No Response Type sensor? If so, that type of sensor will never generate an alarm, but can be used for activity and notifications.

Can you verify the programming questions for that zone? Generally for the zone type you would want to choose (4) Interior Follower for a motion detector/Image Sensor.

it is programmed as follows:Type: 04 interior follower
Equipment type: 2 motion
Loop number: 1
Reports: enabled
Supervised: enabled

If you are arming at the panel, another possible “gotcha” is Auto-Stay.

Auto-Stay will automatically revert Away arming to Stay mode if no entry/exit points are opened during the countdown. Double check to make sure that either Auto-Stay is turned off, or open/close a door to make sure the panel arms Away.

That was it Jason. I opened an exit door after arming and it works perfectly.
Thanks!