Help Forum

GC3 Firmware Issue Daily Reboot

Support GC3 Firmware Issue Daily Reboot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Dexter
    Dexter
    Participant

My 2GIG GC3 panel appears to be announcing “System disarmed, not ready to arm” on a daily basis. This usually occurs between the 4-5pm. Any advice? It looks like its been doing this since I updated to the 3.2 firmware.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Looking into this it appears that your panel is actually reporting that your panel has “Non production Firmware.” However, your panel reports having FW 3.2.1, which is production FW from 2GIG.

It also appears that your panel is rebooting every day around this time, can you confirm? How long has it been since you updated the firmware ?

What is the FW version and Build version reporting locally? To check, from the home screen navigate to System Info and Usage -> System Info

To troubleshoot, we would like to send a remote hard reboot command to the panel at this time, is that okay?

If not, when able, you will want to completely power down your panel, transformer first, then internal battery. Next remove the cellular module and wait about five minutes. Then reinsert the module, plug in the battery and lastly the transformer. Do you still notice the voice annunciation/reboot?

Bryan
    Participant

Exact same issue, including the time of day that it happens. I tried a reboot and it still happens.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

From above a few additional things to help us nail down the cause:

How long has it been since you updated the firmware?

What is the FW version and Build version reporting locally? To check, from the home screen navigate to System Info and Usage -> System Info

Bryan
    Participant

It has been doing this since I upgraded to 3.2.0, now it is on V3.2.1.6653 and still does it.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Do you happen to recall how far back it was when you updated to 3.2 and the reboot started occurring?

Regarding the 3.2.1 firmware, was this updated via USB and where did you obtain the update file from?

Have reached out to 2GIG regarding the issue and am hoping to hear back from them soon. Will update here with more information.

Bryan
    Participant

https://www.alarmgrid.com/downloads/2gig-gc3-firmware-updates

USB. I have used the same file on several other panels that I manage for clients. It was maybe 1-2 months ago.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

It looks like there is more than one related system for you using Surety service. Is this only happening on the one panel?

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I would like to send a hard reboot command which will restart all the panel processes. If the panel has a command buffering issue or software cause for the daily booting (which my be full reboot or just the security process) the hard reboot command may help get that unstuck.

We can send a few additional commands to check local panel functions. Would it be ok to send those commands now?

Bryan
    Participant

Correct, only on the one panel.

Send what ever you want.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Alright we have sent a number of commands and a reboot to see if that has an effect. Let us know if there is improvement!

Bryan
    Participant

Still doing it….

AllenT
    Participant

i trust you guys judgement, so is there a reason you don’t have 3.2.1 in the upload area?
    i’m still on 3.2 for now.

Vr,
    AllenT

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

i trust you guys judgement, so is there a reason you don’t have 3.2.1 in the upload area?
    i’m still on 3.2 for now.

I don’t think there is a specific reason to hold off, just we usually wait to post after testing. The update is heavily dealer oriented, but does add a screen saver option to the GC3 and SP1. You can download 3.2.1 here.

Bryan
    Participant

Issue still occurs, also replaced the panel and it continued.

cjc357
    Participant

My panel started doing this last week and I updated to 2GIG GC3 Firmware 3.2 downloaded from your site early november. Mine just announced system disarmed not ready to arm about 20 min ago (8:10am EST) . We have heard it in the evening as well. I dont know or didnt realize it was rebooting. It just gets our attention when it announces.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.