Gate Sensor Notification

I watched the video on setting up an outside gate sensor. My question is around notification. It appears the sensor notification could only be set to “at all times” or to “only during the following times”. I would like to be notified always but ONLY when the system is armed (not really always). Does the “at all times” mean only when armed?

Thanks

Sensor activity notifications typically pre-suppose that the system is disarmed. An armed system would cause most sensors to trip an alarm, so specifying when the system is armed is not currently a condition for Sensor Activity.

I can see the value of using it for No-Response-Type sensors though. We’ll send it to ADC as a feature request.

Maybe what I want is a silent alarm where the system is armed and the gate is opened and I get a text notification but the alarm doesn’t actually sound. is that possible?

In this circumstance I think the best solution would be what you had originally asked. Silent alarm zone types would be problematic in that they would also send an alarm signal to the central station monitoring your system. There is no comparable No-Response-Type zone type which only activates when armed.

If you are not using a Central Station and just self-monitoring through Alarm.com, on 2GIG you could use type 24 Silent Burglary. It’s not ideal, but would be a work-around. Again if you have professional monitoring, do not use this zone type.