Doorbell video at panel

It doesn’t appear that I can view doorbell video on the IQ 2+ panel. I have everything set as it should be in ADC but the panel says no IP cameras found. ADC shows the doorbell but isn’t capturing the doorbell IP online. I suppose the two might be related?

Attached the image from the panel and also the ADC set up. I masked the MAC address from the ADC screenshot but it’s there online, just no IP address appears for it.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-26-at-7.28.04-PM.png

No, the local IP in general shouldn’t show up for Skybells, it will for regular ADC IP Cams.

Have you tried power cycling the Skybell and the Panel? Try a quick reboot and see if that lets them connect.

If not, do you have multiple access points or just one?

I haven’t power cycled either since the install. Is there a button combination to power cycle the doorbell or just pull the transformer off the wall that powers it?

Only one access point for now. I’ve got a new system with a bunch of them sitting in a box waiting for installation but that’s a larger project. For now, it’s just the one.

I rebooted the panel, power cycled the doorbell and then rebooted the panel again for good measure. No change.

After the power cycles, I did see a pop-up on the panel saying there was a doorbell motion triggered video and then the two buttons to answer or ignore. I hit the answer button and then got this error on the panel (1st image).

I checked the status of the two devices on the router and both are reporting “excellent” signal with the doorbell at 72 mbps and the panel at 433 mbps. The IPs are on the same subnet, two digits apart. I can view live video from the app on demand and clips are being recorded and uploaded to ADC every time motion is detected so I know the doorbell cam is working fine. It just seems to be the ability to interact with the doorbell from the panel that’s not working as I imagine it should be.

Thanks for confirming. Yeah, we can see signaling stats for the doorbell on the back-end, that doesn’t appear to be the cause here. I would assume a software origin for the issue. It would be good to try turning off the integration in Alarm.com, waiting 5 minutes, then try going back in and turning it back on.

As long as you have 2.3 firmware you should be able to view video on the panel screen by swiping left to the video page.

Yep, the panel is on 2.3 for sure. I updated to that the day I unboxed it :wink: I see the video screen on the panel when I scroll over to it, just can’t access the doorbell camera video.

I’ll try the integration refresh later when I get home and report back.

No change after disabling and then re-enabling the video to panel options. I still get the notification screen but pressing on the green answer button gives me the same error reported above.

Further, it doesn’t appear as if my phone is getting notifications when the actual doorbell button is pressed. I get a notification for motion triggered video but if the actual button is pressed, nada on the phone.

I did get the notification on the panel of a doorbell press, but same video error as above when I pushed the answer button.

OK, yeah, the notification bit is my fault. Somehow the notify on doorbell call push notification setting to the phone was turned off, so that’s not an issue.

Out of curiosity do you have the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 ghz networks? If so, can you try updating the 5 with a custom name?

I do indeed have the same SSID for both bands. Changing it would be a pain in the ass given the number of devices on the 5GHz side of the network but sure, I can try it. Would the same thing be achieved by changing the 2.4GHz side instead? I know I’d have to reconnect to the doorbell WiFi and move it but that might be easier than doing the same with all the other “stuff” in the house that’s on 5GHz.

Yes, the same would be achieved changing the 2.4 name if it would be easier. No need to make extra work with regard to the rest of the network. Make sure the panel and cam are connected to the 2.4.

OK, so you want both the panel and the doorbell on the same frequency. The doorbell only works on 2.4 doesn’t it? So I need to move the panel to 2.4 for a valid test?

I read an article on Skybell’s site that states you can rename the 5ghz, connect the phone/tablet to 2.4 and then connect the Skybell to 2.4 to configure it. Once that’s set up, you can revert back to the same name for both networks.

Are you suggesting that I need to have the panel on 2.4 as well for video to work on the panel?

I want to isolate potential issues cause by separate local networks and possible switching between networks for any devices involved. Please be sure to place the panel and Skybell on the 2.4 network, then try re-enabling the video.

OK, understood. Will probably have to wait for the weekend to have the time to mess around with all of it this way.

I edited the network name for 2.4, added only the panel and the doorbell to the 2.4 network. pushed the button, attempted to answer the call on the panel and received the same error as before. No change in behavior.

The panel is back on the 5GHz network but since the 2.4 has been renamed, I can move it back any time.

Interesting, and unexpected. I think unfortunately the best course now would be to re-add the Skybell on the 2.4 network (make sure the phone is on the 2.4 network). The error is likely an artifact of the registration process through ADC/Skybell.

Can you try deleting and re-adding? Any luck?

I actually couldn’t figure out how to just reauthenticate the doorbell to the new WiFi SSID, so when I did this I removed the doorbell from the account and readded as a new one so that’s already been tried (by accident).

Could you describe the current network setup?

Oddly the Skybell is not able to report the ISP, showing an error when attempting to determine it. I think that there is a unique feature or setting to your setup which is the ultimate monkey wrench here but it does take a little trial and error.