Alarm Triggering

The last couple of weeks when I set my alarm and exit through the garage door the sirens start to go off once the door shuts. Not every time but pretty often. Every time the door closes, the alarm makes a series of beeping noises. Maybe 4-5. I am not doing anything differently than I have in the past. I have tried unplugging it but it is still the same. I also keep getting tampering alerts when everything seems to be fine.

Thank You,

Jessica

how long have u had the sensor

I believe I purchased them early 2017 and installed them around May of 2017.

hmmm that is weird since there pretty much new almost have u tried opening the sensor and then closing it back

I have not. I will try that right now.

i do have a question how is the sensor mounted r u able to take a picture

I just looked at it and I am not sure how to open it

can u take a photo of the sensor

photo

I am not sure why the picture turned. It needs to be rotated clockwise

ok i see u have honeywell 5816 wireless door contact at the top of the sensor there should be a arrow pointing up right above it should be a little tab and u would need take flat screw driver or somthing push in on it and it should come off

Thank you. I was able to open it

it keeps beeping like every 2 minutes now that i have it open. Should I change the battery or remove it?

just close it back if that dosent fix it only thing i can think of would be change the battery in it and maybe flip the door sensor around to wear the magnet is on the door and the bigger sensor part is on the frame only reason i say this is because with it on the door if it some reason get slammed shut or somthing like that it can shake the sensor around

just close it back if that dosent fix it only thing i can think of would be change the battery in it and maybe flip the door sensor around to wear the magnet is on the door and the bigger sensor part is on the frame only reason i say this is because with it on the door if it some reason get slammed shut or somthing like that it can shake the sensor around reason it will beep is because the case is open this is normal but from what ur saying the sensor is tampering it self everytime u go out the door

I think that may have worked. It is not continuously beeping now when the door shuts.

it if ever does it again id replace the battery in it if im right it take the cr123A battery and also maybe flipping the sensor around from way it is mounted might fix it too but thats if it does it again

Thank you for all of your help!

no problem at all how long have u been with surety im really thinking about changing over to surety cam

2 years in this house and about 7 in my last. I have never had any issues.