After 1.14.1 XCVR does not see any devices now

Added many devices and add-ons with my 2GIG on 1.9v. Everything worked fine till I upgraded the control panel and TS1 firmware to 1.13… And now the xcvr does not see any device, when press learn button it says initializing and finally ends with error. Anyone else having same problems? Then I moved to 1.14.1 (rflashd_cp1_arm7_PRODUCTION_13451_V1.14.0.1_en-US and rflashd_ts1_arm7_PRODUCTION_13347_V1.14.0.1_en-US.exe - Shortcut) AND STILL NO LUCK.

A quick move from 1.14 to 1.14.1 says they know about this bug. And I see a lot of messages about it. However is it an official bug and are they working towards fixing this with another release?

Any help is appreciated. Please…

What is the error you get on 1.13?

What are you trying to learn? If the TS1, have you tried to unpair TS1 and then re-pair to panel?

The TS1 must show the following (pay no attention to firmware/build version, just make sure panel and TS1 have same firmware):

Is the problem similar to this?

Is it just TS1s that are not working?

A quick move from 1.14 to 1.14.1 says they know about this bug

No, this problem (if it is what we’ve seen a few times before) has nothing to do with 1.14 or 1.14.01.

As per advice on forum I reflashed to 1.9 however do not know how to “restore functionality”.

Now it looks like the entire configuration has gone empty.

Can you please help.

Thank you,
Anil

As per advice on forum I reflashed to 1.9 however do not know how to “restore functionality”.

where did you find the 1.9 specifically? I do not see where that was suggested.

Since you have reflashed a prior firmware and defaulted the panel (which occurs going back from 1.14), can you reflash 1.14 and then try to repair the TS1s? Do the TS1s work after being re-paired?

The issue that was described here seems to be indicative of a problem we have seen a few times before which is gone over in the thread linked above and here.

I’ve run into it myself once working on a panel here. Ultimately the panel needed to be replaced in all situations I am aware of in order to get TS1s to work.

Steps to take:

Flash 1.14
Try learning in TS1, does it work?
Try learning in sensors, do they work?

If the TS1s do not communicate but sensors do, it is likely the issue linked above.

I was advised by someone named “riven” in forum. Trying to go back to 1.14 on the control panel.

See the email I got (attached screenshot), and I see the post has been removed or done something not to display.

Thank you,
Anil

Ah, I see, was likely edited later.

Yeah I think this is actually an issue unrelated to 1.14 specifically. There are actually two issues here now:

1. TS1s not working after firmware.
  2. Reverting from 1.14 to prior firmware which defaults sensor configuration.

We may be able to push a backup of the prior configuration. Would you like me to try to send the backup now?

I am on my way to go back to 1.14 version (per your today’s advice). After that I will request a backup to be pushed. So at least my system is up and running.

Once that has happened we will get to the TS1.

I tried to do 1.9 and 1.10 on TS1 it displays successful however after rebooting the TS1 still shows 1.14 build 13347 IOP 140.46971

Will post update once 1.14 is done.

Can you please confirm if this plan will work? After I am back to 1.14 you will be able to push the prior configuration?

Thank you,
Anil

As long as another backup does not run, yes, we can push the stored info.

Let us know here when you are ready.

I am back in 1.14 please push the configuration.

Thank you,
Anil

It looks like we will want it to be 1.14.01 for the main panel before a backup push. Can you update to 1.14.01 for the main panel?

Sure. I will push 1.14.0.1 to it and update you here.

Quoted from Jason 10/20/14
source: Failed firmware update - Support - Surety Support Forum

I have seen this precise issue exactly once before, and the cause is hard to nail down, however, in that case a recent firmware update had also been applied

I can tell you that in my prior case, there were also two TS1 keypads. In that scenario, both were existing. (I had tried a brand new one with the panel in the course of testing, but similarly that didn’t work.)

When the panel was swapped, both TS1 Keypads functioned.

Assuming it is the panel has failed/become damaged, since this scenario seems to be occurring more and more often, has 2GIG discovered what is the cause? it’s been a year and a half or so?

The 1.14.0.1 has been applied.

Can you please push in the configuration?

Waiting for it to get and see all zones and sensors.

Thank you,
Anil

Sent a restore command for a backup performed 2/25/2016.

Looks like it was prior to the removal of sensors.

Give it about a half hour, then check sensors to verify.

Just a heads up…

When I had a ADC backup restored it did not restore the keypad/TS1, panel settings (like brightness/volume), or secondary User codes.

Assuming it is the panel has failed/become damaged, since this scenario seems to be occurring more and more often, has 2GIG discovered what is the cause? it’s been a year and a half or so?

We’ve only seen a handful over a few years time. It is a remarkably low percentage without any pattern so far. It’s been reported to 2GIG a few times.
It may be a little more prevalent but since it presents as an issue learning in TS1s and using existing ones, it may never be noticed on some systems if it can happen without TS1s present.

From the cases I know of I have tried to see if any pattern shows in order of operations (which devices were first updated, how many TS1s there were, which firmware version it was, etc.) but no particular pattern exists. Just that a recent firmware update seems to have caused it.

I haven’t actually performed an update which resulted in this.

All the sensors are up and running. Can arm the system. The users and keyfobs are missing those I have added manually. Toolbox pin became 2GIG-default that I changed too.

Now I am back to where it was this morning. All secure and monitored.

First attempt: Went from 1.9 to 1.13 followed by 1.14 and 1.14.0.1
Result: TS1 and 2GIG-IMAGE1 would not pair

Second attempt: Went from 1.14.0.1 to 1.9 (lost everything), then upgraded progressively to 1.10 to-> 1.10.1 to 1.12 to-> 1.13 to-> 1.14 to-> and finally to 1.14.01
Result: still lost and thanks for restoring a backup.
Learnt: Going to 1.9 (from 1.14.0.1) removed the key fobs, user codes and toolbox password as it overwrote a blank to alarm.com server.

Amazingly all devices listed under services stayed thru the upgrades and downgrades.

Thanks Jason for pushing the backup. It helped a lot.

Thank you,
Anil

Now question about the TS1, I still cannot pair that.

Not only the TS1, also I cannot pair the 2GIG-IMAGE1 device. I believe both TS1 and the 2GIG-IMAGE1 uses the same radio.

The TS1 is stuck in 1.14 version. When I applied 1.9 followed by 1.10 on TS1 it would give passed and success, however the screen would still display 1.14

Is there any way you can troubleshoot the radio installed in the cpanel, may be that is not compatible with the newer version firmware or that radio’s firmware needs to be updated.

Let me know.