Support Forum

ADC S2000-T-A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

diyuser7
    Participant

I have a couple of the above RTS’s to use with my existing T3000 tsts. I have paired the RTS’s with my GC3 panel (firmware v 3.2.3). No problem, and they are reporting temperature. But I cannot see anywhere to designate them to the tsts to replace the internal sensors. It’s probably obvious and I’m an idiot, but I can’t find it. Nor can find any instructions online. Any help appreciated.

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

It’s kind of hidden in plain sight if you don’t know what to look for. I circled it in red on the attached screenshots of the website and the mobile app. Click there and you can select which temp sensors to use for that thermostat.

diyuser7
    Participant

Thank you. I was losing my mind over this simple thing

diyuser7
    Participant

Well, I just don’t seem to be able to get this right. Every time, I set the tst to use the RTS, it only “sticks” for a couple of hours or less. That is, I associate the RTS to the tst, as you showed me above. It shows the association correctly. But, later, when I check on it, it has always reverted to using the tst sensor and is no longer using the RTS. How do I make the association permanent?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

What is the firmware version of that T2000? You can view the firmware versions by turning the mode Off, then holding the up arrow to bring up the device details.

diyuser7
    Participant

They are T3000’s. The firmware on both is 1.20.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 19 hours ago by  diyuser7.
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Ah, apologies. The version should not matter on the T3000.

What might be playing a part is how the temp sensors were learned in and where they are located.

Were the Temp Sensors learned into the panel in their final position? They must be in their intended spots in the home first because they use Network Wide Inclusion to link to the panel. The temp sensors will not benefit from Network Rediscovery and should not be learned close to the panel then moved.

How far are they from the panel? Do they have intervening repeating devices to help their signal?

diyuser7
    Participant

Ah. That directly contradicts the instructions that came with the sensor, which says to learn them into the panel within 5 feet of the panel. That is what I did. Then, I set them in their final positions. How do I fix the situation now?. Remove them from devices and re-learn them in from the beginning?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

How do I fix the situation now?. Remove them from devices and re-learn them in from the beginning?

Yes, you would want to go ahead and delete them at the panel, run a network rediscovery at the panel to ensure all other node routes are set, then re-add the sensors in their permanent locations. NWI (network wide inclusion) will use repeating nodes to assist with learning in, as well as map routes as it pairs.

diyuser7
    Participant

Ok. Last night, I removed the sensors at the panel. Ran a rediscovery. Then, added the sensors back in, leaving them in their final locations. I then set the Tsts to the appropriate sensor. This seemed to be holding. However, I just went on ADC to check it and found that both tsts had reverted to their internal temp sensors only. What now?

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Ran some commands to sync Z-wave and it appears that the Tstats are pulling temp from the RTSs at this time. Are you able to confirm?

diyuser7
    Participant

Yes. I reset them right before I made my last post.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Should they “fall off” again, you will want to look at the mesh network itself. How far away are the RTSs from the panel? Any intervening repeating Z-Wave devices in between?

diyuser7
    Participant

I just checked, and they had fallen off again. One RTS is within 20 feet of the panel in the same room. The other RTS is probably 50 feet away in an adjacent room. I don’t know of any repeating devices, but I’m not sure I know which devices are repeaters. There is nothing between the panel and RTS no. 1 except the tst itself. There are several motion sensors and an aux panel between the main panel and RTS no. 2.

diyuser7
    Participant

Checking about 2 hours later and they had fallen off again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“(They) are very quick to reply with thorough, knowledgeable, complete and helpful answers… I really can’t say enough about how impressive they are…. I am a huge fan and would highly recommend…”

G.N. , Westfield, NJ , Yelp , 7/03/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“Just wanted to say that so far I am extremely happy with my decision to go with Surety… I have been reading these boards for a few days and I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED by the responsiveness… You guys are doing a fantastic job!”

gnadan , Surety Forum Review , 6/28/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.