2GIG Support?

I believe I read that surety no longer sells 2GIG equipment. Does that mean they will no longer support existing products, for example by providing updated firmware, etc? I purchased my GC3 panel from them a year ago.

Thanks.

We offer service and support for Alarm.com compatible devices, including 2GIG. If you are looking for firmware for the 2GIG GC3, firmware with patch notes can be found here.

While we no longer sell 2GIG alarm panels like the Go!Control or GC3, we do still stock some compatible equipment, found here.

New GC3 firmware version 3.2.3, anyone know if this addressed the following problem that I have?

There is a known issue which can cause the panel to mishandle Interior Follower zone types during entry delay. If you use motion detectors in areas between your entry point and the panel, do not use this update, or program motion detectors as zone type (10) Interior with Delay.

Release notes on 3.2.3 can be found here. The issue you have mentioned was not specifically addressed in these notes so It may have not been addressed.

Will test to replicate and follow up with findings.

Thanks please let me know what you find in testing.

If not fixed yet, they need to prioritize this as this is a major issue in our house. Alarm goes off sometimes when we are entering from the garage.

I was not able to get the motion to trigger falsely in the first place.

However, 2GIG confirms that this is an issue that has been brought to engineering recently. While its being looked into, a fix was not included in 3.2.3.

In the meantime, you can try some troubleshooting if you haven’t already. Some customers report removing and re-adding the motion fixes the issue, others a panel power cycle. I would suggest removing and re-adding the motion followed by a full power cycle once the add process has been completed and saved.

You can also try adding the motion as Interior with delay to temporarily relieve the issue.

Why are you not selling 2Gig panels anymore? Is there some issue with them? I have 2Gig panels at several properties now.

Why are you not selling 2Gig panels anymore? Is there some issue with them? I have 2Gig panels at several properties now.

We have chosen to streamline the experience for new users who require a new panel and recommend the IQ Panel 2+ as the panel of choice due to a number of benefits and features.

There was no specific issue causing us to stop selling 2GIG Panels, and we support all compatible Alarm.com systems (aside from the Iotega, which is decidedly DIY unfriendly to the point of being unusable.)