Support Forum

Zwave devices with Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and SmartThings Hub

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

dub
    Participant

I currently have my Qolsys IQ Panel 2 setup as the primary Z-Wave controller and my SmartThings Hubv2 as the secondary and it’s been working well for almost 2 years. When I added my 21’st Z-Wave device, it did not show up in SmartThings like the previous 20 did. I’ve tried unpairing/re-pairing, I’ve selected the option to “Manage Devices from Secondary Controller” on the Qolsys but nothing has worked. Is there a limit of how many Z-Wave devices the Qolsys can sync to a secondary Z-Wave controller like SmartThings?

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Looking into this issue further as I am unable to test. Reached out to Qolsys and may have more information for you.

What is the device type/name that you last attempted to add?

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

If you go into settings – advanced settings – Installation – Devices – Zwave devices – Zwave settings – Under Device Limits you can select the number of devices you would like. Does changing these solve your issue?

In version 2.3 the z-wave device limit breakdown is as follows:

10 Thermostats
    15 Smart Sockets
    20 Door Locks
    80 Lights
    21 Other devices
    6 Garage Doors

dub
    Participant

The device name is “master bedroom fan”. The device limits on mine are similar (I’ve tried increasing them as well), but the device is still not being sync’d to SmartThings.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Commands have been sent to sync devices at this time. It does appear that the device is showing up in Alarm.com.

Have you run a Z-Wave network rediscovery? and Its still not showing up in the ST hub?

I’ll have to do some more digging as I do not have an ST to test.

dub
    Participant

Yes, the device shows up in Alarm.com and can be controlled through the mobile app or on the panel. I just ran a Z-Wave network rediscovery and the device has not shown up in SmartThings.

dub
    Participant

Any update from Qolsys regarding this? I’ve tried adding new devices and those devices aren’t sync’d to SmartThings either.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Still awaiting additional information regarding any set limit etc.
    However, removing and re-adding the secondary panel should cause devices to resync and be shared.

dub
    Participant

I tried remove the secondary panel and it kept saying it was removed successfully, but the devices never disappeared from SmartThings. I then tried to clear the SmartThings Hub from the IQ Panel 2 and this ended up somehow clearing all my Zwave devices from the panel. Not sure how that happened but SmartThings was still able to control all of my Zwave devices. From what I’ve seen online, it may not be possible to make the SmartThings a secondary controller anymore which would explain why the sync with the IQ Panel 2 stopped working.

Also after I re-added all my Zwave devices to the panel I’m having an issue with a remote thermostat. One of them will not let me delete it (it was not added correctly). Could you delete the thermostat labeled “Failed Device” on my account? Also is it possible to send a sync command to the thermostat labeled “Maddy’s Bedroom”? That device reported the temp once and has not updated since (I’ve tried hitting the button on the temp sensor and the light just blinks). THANKS!

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Unfortunately unless the panel reports an error to Alarm.com for that specific device we cannot send remote deletion commands (nor would they work).

I’ve sent an update status command to the panel and all devices except for the one labeled Failed Device are reporting proper neighbor node info, however this did not spur the panel to report a malfunction on the temp sensor.

The update command applied as well to the Maddy’s Bedroom temp sensor, which should be functioning normally at this time.

When you say the one temp sensor cannot be deleted locally, what issue are you seeing when performing the steps? Is the panel not recognizing that the device button is being pressed while searching for devices to clear? Have you tried bringing that temp sensor close to the panel and going through the Clear Device process?

dub
    Participant

I was able to delete the sensor labeled Failed Device. I had to remove the batteries from the downstairs thermostat (adc-T2000) which allowed me to remove the failed device (remote sensor).

I was able to get all the sensors working and since they are still reporting the temp, I appears they are still working but all 3 sensors show failed now in (this occurred about 24 hours after they were setup). Not sure why they report they are failed.

Regarding my initial Zwave pairing question, I was able to get the Zwave switch paired with SmartThings by adding it to SmartThings separately. Now both the IQ Panel and SmartThings can control the device. Going forward I’ll add new Zwave devices to the IQ Panel 2 then add it again to SmartThings.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

When you learned the temp sensors in were they in their permanent locations? They need to be. If learned up close and then moved they will have signaling issues due to the fact they do not participate in Rediscovery and only learn in via network wide inclusion.

dub
    Participant

They were learned in their final destination. The sensors work, I can see each sensors temperatures in the mobile app and the temps change throughout the day so it seems like the sensors work properly. I figured if they were failed as the error states on the web, I should be able to delete them from the panel, but when I attempted to remove them it said it could still communicate with the sensor and wouldn’t remove it. I did not clear the device and re-add since the sensors still works but that maybe the next thing I try.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I did not clear the device and re-add since the sensors still works but that maybe the next thing I try.

Clearing and re-adding would indeed be the best next step if you are seeing malfunctions. Any luck?

dub
    Participant

I cleared all 3 remote thermostats and re-added them. They currently report the temperature with no issues but after about 24 hours of being added back, Alarm.com is reporting them as failed again. How can I resolve this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“I want to thank Surety for being so SIMPLE to setup… With Livewatch (Now Brinks) I had to call them for every single thing… then listen to sales pitch after sales pitch for new items. Surety, not a single call needed to be made… This is how a DIY service should be!!”

Devin S. , Surety Forum Review , 7/14/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.