Zooz Zen25

Picked up a few of these on sale this week, and they work great with my GC3 panel for automation features. They have double plugs and a USB port on the front (always powered, not controllable) and also report power usage.

The only drawback is that they present 4 “nodes” to the panel:

• A “both on/both off” node
  • Individual nodes for each plug on/off
  • Another node that does nothing, which I can only assume is part of the energy monitoring according to what I’ve read

I’ve hidden the both on/off node and the “useless” node, however the only ones that present over to ADC is the “both on/off” node. Is there any way to change this behavior?

As an aside, I do have a SmartThings Hub I could enroll as a second controller if that is of any use in this equation.

No, unfortunately in general multi-function Z-wave devices won’t be reported properly to ADC and shouldn’t be expected to function 100% unless the panels have special firmware updates to support them.

We can always send requests to the manufacturers to consider official support for specialized devices. Depending on the popularity of the device it may well be added!

As an aside, I do have a SmartThings Hub I could enroll as a second controller if that is of any use in this equation.

Not for ADC control. ADC can only control what is compatible with the panel and what the panel syncs with ADC. ADC cannot control devices through SmartThings. SmartThings would just be run parallel.

Not for ADC control. ADC can only control what is compatible with the panel and what the panel syncs with ADC. ADC cannot control devices through SmartThings. SmartThings would just be run parallel.

No, that makes sense but my understanding was that ST would report Z-Wave devices back through to the panel. Wasn’t sure if the multi-function device would report differently to the panel in that instance and sync off to ADC so that they were more “usable”.

Wasn’t sure if the multi-function device would report differently to the panel in that instance and sync off to ADC so that they were more “usable”.

The alarm panel shouldn’t receive any unique benefit from having the node shared via a different primary controller. The same node info would be shared. The ST hub does not continually provide the panel with info. The controllers operate independently aside from sharing the device list when initially learned in or when new devices are added (if the primary controller supports that).

It wouldn’t hurt to try of course, and it would be great if it helped! I don’t anticipate that having an effect.