Z-wave lock 2GIG Compatibility?

Will any door locks that are Z wave compatible work with a 2GIG alarm system? I found one on Amazon that says it is Z wave compatible but wanted to make sure before I ordered it. Our handle is messed up, which is why I wanted to go with this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D1M5YTG
It is Item model number: FE469NX ACC 716 CAM LH

Currently no, Schlage locks will not be fully compatible with a 2Gig system using Alarm.com. There are a number of compatibility issues that have surfaced in the past, and they continue to show up.

Jason,

Thank you for your response. I am confused though. Schlage locks are listed on alarm.com’s website as being compatible? What locks can I use with a 2GIG system on alarm.com? Just the Yale locks?

Yale and Kwikset are compatible with 2Gig.

And yes, this has been something I have repeatedly requested of ADC (to remove Schlage locks from the compatibility list, or rather, place a sizeable asterisk there denoting 2Gig issues).

It is still on the list due to functionality with other Alarm.com compatible systems.

If you are looking at integrating a lock with a 2Gig system, I would recommend against Schlage. The recent issues are being worked on, but the firmware interoperability between their equipment, 2Gig and Alarm.com has seemingly been difficult to manage.

As I recall older Schlage locks worked fine with 2GIG but when Schlage released their motorized deadbolt they changed something that broke compatibility with 2GIG. That was about 2 years ago and 2GIG still hasn’t resolved the issue completely. So there was a time when 2GIG did work well with Schlage. Not now.

Funny part is I have a FE599 which is listed on their compatibility list, which was manufactured in about 2008 before Schlage called their wireless system Nexia, that I cannot control through Alarm.com. I can control it from the 2Gig locally if It’s programmed in, but for now I have it linked to the Wink Hub I picked up from home depot for $0.99 (originally got it for 20 but then they had a black friday deal). No monthly fee’s and I can lock/unlock the door. I recently added a Z-Wave Dimmmer switch that I am able to use through 2gig and Alarm.com rules (motion after 6 pm turns light on, and if no motion for x minutes shuts light off). I have 2 Zigbee bulbs I can control through Wink and a GE Spotter which gives me temperature/humidity/sound and light detection.

I’ve forwarded your response regarding the Wink to ADC. Perhaps some context will put the spurs to the parties involved. Keep in mind this may be more a problem with 2Gig firmware, which if that is the case, may be in the works for the next firmware release. I will see if I can get any update on this.

I have the schlage be469 and for the most part it works with my 2gig. I don’t have any rules/scenes set up, but i am able to lock/unlock it through alarm.com - and the status does show up correctly on alarm.com’s web site. The only issue I’m encountering so far is that about once a month my 2gig panel will show that its lost communication with the lock itself. I’m guessing I can chalk this up to the issues 2gig is having with integrating with the lock 100%?

If your zwave network is otherwise sound, I would imagine so. However, if you have the tendency to move around plug in modules, for example, that’s a likely reason. Does the communication restore fairly quick on its own?

If not and you need to actively fix it, how many devices that are AC powered, repeating devices are in your network? Any of these located between the lock and the panel? What distance is between the lock and panel?

Have they fixed the problem, or is this page inaccurate?
http://www.schlage.com/partners/intg-feat/home/integrators/alarm/alarm-2gig-goControl.html

The message clears up on its own eventually - too lazy to clear it on my own by doing a network test. The lock is about 20 ft away from the main panel - a few walls in between. There’s one zwave light switch about half way between the panel and the lock. There is also a TS1 panel right by it as well - but not sure that helps with communication.

The zwave light switch works fine - haven’t received any similar messages relating to it so its working solid.

If your zwave network is otherwise sound, I would imagine so. However, if you have the tendency to move around plug in modules, for example, that's a likely reason. Does the communication restore fairly quick on its own?

If not and you need to actively fix it, how many devices that are AC powered, repeating devices are in your network? Any of these located between the lock and the panel? What distance is between the lock and panel?

TS1, pad1 keypads, Image sensors, door/window sensors, motions, glass breaks, smokes, CO, etc have absolutely no effect on your zwave network (as they are not zwave devices)

Lights, sirens, switches, locks, tstats, meters, outlets, etc, do. The average line of sight range for a zwave device is 65’

There are also two zwave hardware versions for the 2GIG panel (2.78, and 3.42). A panel running the newer zwave version 3.42 would have better zwave device compatibility (you would think).

The problem, as I understand it, is not control from 2Gig. The Go!Control panel will locally control the Schlage lock. However, there is an issue (and have been variations on this issue) regarding status reporting for the Schlage locks.

The current issue is regarding adding Schlage locks to your ADC account when learning them into a 2Gig panel. I have requested another update today.

Jason,

Any update to 2GIG GC3 compatibility with the BE469 Schlage Connect? I really am just looking for an ANSI grade one product that is compatible with the 2GIG3. I also like touchscreen but not sure if it is a deal breaker.

Thanks,
Dan

This thread is unrelated to the GC3. However, no. We have heard mixed reports from users regarding Schlage locks and the GC3, and it is not officially declared compatible at this time. For the GC3, Kwikset models are the safest bet currently.

I found this on the internet. Alarm Grid I think…

“The GC3 also supports the Kwikset 910 and 912 but not the 914 and 916, the Yale YRD210, 220, YRL220, YRD110, and YRD120. The GC3 on V3.0.1 will not support any Schlage locks!”

You guys are the source :-). Is the kwikset 916 supported with the GC3?

Thanks,
Dan

As far as response from 2GIG goes, all Kwikset Z-wave models would be fine. 914 and 916 are supported. I believe we have some users with 916s on a GC3 panel.

I’m having issues with my Kwikset 910 deadbolt on the 3.0.1 firmware. I am able to Add the 910 and can see it in my list of devices and tests. Problem is that the GC3 cannot tell the lock status (locked or unlocked) and cannot lock or unlock. I’ve removed and added multiple times. I’ve reset the GC3 panel z-wave controller multiple times with the same result. I had the 3.0 firmware with the same result. Upgraded to the 3.0.1 firmware with the hopes that this would fix it but no joy. So, as a result I’m not sure the 910 is compatible?? OR maybe I’m doing it all wrong?

Not sure why you can’t see the lock status, and I am by no means an expert. One thing I did notice is that the 916 locks won’t lock until they have user codes. I also noticed that even though alarm.com looks as if the locks have user codes, if you hover your mouse over the user, it shows pending. Not sure how I got it to actually update the locks but once I did, things seemed to start working.

Again, the experts will be here on Monday, just thought I might give you something to try in the meantime :slight_smile:

Dan

So, as a result I’m not sure the 910 is compatible??

Yes, the Kwikset Model 910 is compatible.

The step in pairing that is most likely to get skipped is bringing the lock and panel within a few feet of one another. I know it seems like it shouldn’t matter, but it very much does, so if your lock is anything more than 6 feet away from the panel, you’ll want to bring it to the panel to learn it in initially.

From the description, if the problem occurs on the GC3 locally fairly quickly, I’d bet the lock is not completing enrollment.