Z-Wave devices have gone missing from 2GIG panel

DIY Home Security Forums Support Z-Wave devices have gone missing from 2GIG panel

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Roller 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Still nothing i go to click remove and its acting like its Discovering devices but then results back to the previous page

When you press “Remove Devices” you need to perform the pair procedure at an individual device to clear it. If you do not perform the pair procedure on any device the panel will simply time-out as you described.

So, for example for most light switches, you can pair them by just tapping the switch. For a light switch then you would press Remove Device on the panel, and go and tap the light switch. The panel will indicate a device has been removed from its network. You would do this for each Z-wave device.

Then you would add each device by selecting Add Device and performing the same pair procedure.

susan
    Participant

Still nothing, so since i have reset the z wave controller wouldnt all the z wave Devices be deleted already like it says?

Warren
    Surety

so since i have reset the z wave controller wouldnt all the z wave Devices be deleted already like it says?

No. They are deleted from the panel, but the parent network information is saved in the device itself. Resetting the controller does not clear the link in the devices. The devices cannot be re-added to any network until they are cleared via “Remove Device” This would even be true of a new panel.

General Z-wave instructions and troubleshooting can be found here.

If your panel is 100% unresponsive to any Z-wave device when trying the Remove Device command, you may indeed have a failed Z-wave radio. The Z-wave radio is integrated and would require a panel swap. If you believe you need to swap panels we can provide further instruction. Details would depend on the model of panel you are looking to replace it with.

susan
    Participant

Im just going to replace it with another gc2. Can i some how back up my panel and make sure my z wave Devices are deleted out so I can add them back in on the new panel when I get it?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Can i some how back up my panel

Sensors and Users can be backed up yes. That is done remotely on the back end. I’ve gone ahead and run a backup of your current settings now.

The Restore Process is as follows:

1. Power down old panel, remove communication module.
    2. Install module into new panel but do not power it on yet.
    3. Let us know you are ready for the settings to be pushed.
    4. Our team will confirm and provide instructions to complete the process.

and make sure my z wave Devices are delete it out so I can add them back in on the new panel when I get it?

Whether performed on the existing panel or on the new panel it does not matter, but the Remove Device process we outlined above must be followed. That Remove Device process is what clears the devices’ memory and allows them to be re-added to any other network.

susan
    Participant

I went and picked up a new panel today how ever i will not be around to be able to do the switch till 9pm thursday night. So if we could schedule something for Friday for the back up to be restored?

Warren
    Surety

No scheduling is required, you would just want to let our team know via email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com during business hours whenever you are ready to go. They will send restore commands and an email confirmation with follow up steps!

As long as the panel is not yet powered any restore commands sent will be received by the module upon power up and running a cell test. This will be in the emailed instruction.

Dexter
    Dexter
    Participant

Ok so i was able to reset and learn the controller again this time it let me remove and then add my lock and both light mods back in but no luck adding there T2000 thermostat back.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Happy to assist!

How far away from the panel was the T2000 when you attempted to learn it in? Depending on the distance between installation points, you will likely need to bring the panel closer to the T2000 (within a couple feet) when learning the T2000 in.

Were you experiencing issues with the inclusion process? You will want to ensure that the T2000 is no longer assigned to the old z-wave network first, before adding it in. The following steps can be used to add as well as remove the T2000:

-Put the thermostat in OFF mode (No mode icons are lit).
    -Put the Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode. Refer to the controller documentation for more information.
    -Press and hold the DOWN button on the thermostat to begin inclusion mode. Release the button when the RADIO
    icon lights up.
    -When the RADIO icon becomes solid, the thermostat has been included.

Once all Z-Wave devices have been learned in and in their installation points, be sure to run a Network Rediscovery to ensure the best possible communication in the mesh network.

Roller
    Participant

Had the same thing happen to my 2GIG GC2 this weekend. It still shows one Z-wave device, a light switch, which was my originally installed device. My panel is running v1.13. Would this version be the same issue as the v1.14 version?

I power cycled the panel and same situation. Only the controller and the original light switch in the GC2.

Thoughts? Upgrade to latest and greatest?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Thoughts? Upgrade to latest and greatest?

Upgrading firmware would be generally recommended, yes. Are you able to perform the Remove Device, then Add Device functions on the panel to add one of the lost devices?

Roller
    Participant

I did not try the remove/add. I will try tonight. Will have to find my programming cable. Do you have a suggestion on which version to upgrade to? 1.17.03?

Currently missing 2 thermostats (t2000), one switch, one plug, and an appliance module.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

1.19.3 is the newest for the GC2 and can be found here.

Keep in mind, if you use the TS1, version 1.16 is the most recent version of the TS1 and is compatible with all subsequent firmware versions for the main panel.

Roller
    Participant

I do use a TS1. Are you saying 1.16 is the highest I can go to keep TS1 functionality or 1.16 is the highest the TS1 will accept for itself, where the GC2 can go to 1.19.3.

Thanks for your help and clarification.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Are you saying 1.16 is the highest I can go to keep TS1 functionality or 1.16 is the highest the TS1 will accept for itself, where the GC2 can go to 1.19.3.

1.16 is simply the latest version for the TS1 and is compatible with 1.16, 1.17, and 1.19 control panel firmware versions.

You can apply 1.16 to the TS1 and 1.19.3 to the control panel.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.