Z-Wave devices have gone missing from 2GIG panel

I went to look at my alarm.com app today and my online account and all my z wave devices are not there. I had a front door lock, thermostat and 2 light mods. I have tried to go into z wave and remove devices or add them again and no luck. Ive also tried to reset my z wave controller and refresh my network still no luck. When i add them back it just has blank screen and says its working on finding them but never does even know the panel is right them when adding them back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

When was the last time you utilized the Z-Wave devices remotely through Alarm.com? I am not seeing when the devices were removed in history, though I can confirm they are missing .

It appears that your panel is reporting that it has non-production firmware. Can you confirm which firmware version your panel is at? You can find this by navigating Home-> Security-> Menu-> Toolbox->Version.

As your panel is reporting what appears to be non production firmware, you will want to update the panel’s firmware to at least firmware version 1.17. Firmware for the 2GIG Go!Control panel can be found here. Firmware can be upgraded via the USB update cable or via Over the Air (OTA) update.

This is what i see

The portion of the image “Firmware Version:” has scrolling text and was not captured in the image.

Can you confirm what is after “Firmware Version:” ?

Thank you for following up. 1.14 was a non-production firmware that was mistakenly released by 2GIG for a short period of time (1.14.01 was the proper release) and this firmware can cause issues. In this case you will need to update your panel’s firmware to at least version 1.17. Instructions for which can be found in the above post.

Cant u just do the OTA update for me?

Actually, I apologize, as this is non-production firmware an OTA cannot be sent to the panel. The firmware would need to be updated locally via the USB update cable.

Ok thank you

Just upgraded my panel to 1.17 and z wave Devices still will not pair back up

On the 2GIG Panel can you go to Services - Z-wave - Wrench - Installer Code - Advanced Toolbox - View All Devices.

Can you post a photo of what you see there so we can match it to what the panel is returning for equipment list commands?

This is the Image I get

Ok, so you’ve not been able to add any existing devices yet?

If the devices were lost on the panel but never cleared themselves they would still retain parent network configuration. Z-wave device communication is 2-way, so devices link to one controller.

To re-add them to the 2GIG panel you would first need to perform a “Remove Device” on each (even though they are not showing in the panel) because this will clear the device itself of its prior network link.

After doing “Remove Device” for each you can then Add each.

Still nothing i go to click remove and its acting like its Discovering devices but then results back to the previous page

Would buying a new panel solve this? Also would i have to reprogram every sensor?

Still nothing i go to click remove and its acting like its Discovering devices but then results back to the previous page

When you press “Remove Devices” you need to perform the pair procedure at an individual device to clear it. If you do not perform the pair procedure on any device the panel will simply time-out as you described.

So, for example for most light switches, you can pair them by just tapping the switch. For a light switch then you would press Remove Device on the panel, and go and tap the light switch. The panel will indicate a device has been removed from its network. You would do this for each Z-wave device.

Then you would add each device by selecting Add Device and performing the same pair procedure.

Still nothing, so since i have reset the z wave controller wouldnt all the z wave Devices be deleted already like it says?

so since i have reset the z wave controller wouldnt all the z wave Devices be deleted already like it says?

No. They are deleted from the panel, but the parent network information is saved in the device itself. Resetting the controller does not clear the link in the devices. The devices cannot be re-added to any network until they are cleared via “Remove Device” This would even be true of a new panel.

General Z-wave instructions and troubleshooting can be found here.

If your panel is 100% unresponsive to any Z-wave device when trying the Remove Device command, you may indeed have a failed Z-wave radio. The Z-wave radio is integrated and would require a panel swap. If you believe you need to swap panels we can provide further instruction. Details would depend on the model of panel you are looking to replace it with.

Im just going to replace it with another gc2. Can i some how back up my panel and make sure my z wave Devices are deleted out so I can add them back in on the new panel when I get it?

Can i some how back up my panel

Sensors and Users can be backed up yes. That is done remotely on the back end. I’ve gone ahead and run a backup of your current settings now.

The Restore Process is as follows:

1. Power down old panel, remove communication module.
  2. Install module into new panel but do not power it on yet.
  3. Let us know you are ready for the settings to be pushed.
  4. Our team will confirm and provide instructions to complete the process.
and make sure my z wave Devices are delete it out so I can add them back in on the new panel when I get it?

Whether performed on the existing panel or on the new panel it does not matter, but the Remove Device process we outlined above must be followed. That Remove Device process is what clears the devices’ memory and allows them to be re-added to any other network.