Z-Wave Blinds not Showing Up with GC3

I added some z-wave blinds that I want to automate but they are not showing up on alarm.com. Can you refresh my list please?

A refresh has been run on your Equipment list, however the Z-wave Blinds don’t appear to be playing nice with the GC3. Alarm.com does not officially support z-wave blinds. What make/model blinds do you have?

While they may still be able to be included, as they are simple devices, they would show up as a Switch Type Command Class and be found under the lights section in Alarm.com. The panel would not be able to distinguish blinds from lights, currently. Alarm.com cannot make a work around for a device that is not compatible with the panel itself. Any official support on 2GIG’s end would most likely require a firmware update.

This thread here may help you with a work around for your issue.

Thanks Tyler, your refresh fixed my issue. It’s now showing up on my device list on alarm.com. Why do you guys have to keep refreshing things for devices to show up? Anyway, my blinds are motorized shades and are from zebrablinds.com. I can use Amazon Alexa and smartthings hub to open and shut them but wanted to automate them to keep the afternoon sun out. I added it to my GC3 but it never showed up on my alarm.com device list until today. You’re right, it functions as a dimmible light switch where I can open/close it to a certain percent.

Thanks Tyler, your refresh fixed my issue. It’s now showing up on my device list on alarm.com. Why do you guys have to keep refreshing things for devices to show up?

The GC3 has some hiccups that firmware will need to resolve. Z-wave in general (and doubly so for devices that aren’t officially tested and supported) may have delays in registering if the panel does not appropriately send the info to the back end.

We can send ADC requests for updated status and new/changed equipment which usually resolves that.