Support Forum

Yale Assure SL Z-Wave lock always shows as "Locked" state even when unlocked

Support Yale Assure SL Z-Wave lock always shows as "Locked" state even when unlocked

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cinergi
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve recently installed a Yale Assure SL Z-Wave lock and paired it with my 2Gig GC2 panel. The lock and unlock commands from the panel always work perfectly and there aren’t any Z-Wave errors shown (except when I removed the lock batteries as a test); the only issue is that the lock status is always reported as Locked on the panel, even when it’s actually unlocked. The lock’s outside keypad correctly reports the locked / unlocked status, so I don’t think it’s a calibration issue and the deadbolt moves freely.

I didn’t encounter any pairing issues, and I had the lock within 6 inches of the panel while pairing. I also tried a “rediscover network” command on the panel.

Any ideas? Yale support thinks it’s an issue on 2Gig’s side.

Thanks 🙂

cinergi
    Participant

OK, I will answer my own question for the benefit of anyone experiencing the same issue, since this lock is fairly popular. On a hunch, I disabled the lock’s automatic re-lock feature and the lock now correctly reports its status to the panel. It seems that if the auto re-lock option is enabled, the lock always reports Locked status. So that’s that :-).

-cinergi

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Thank you for following up! I’ll do some testing to see if we can recreate this and confirm, but I can see how auto-relock could throw it off. I generally do not recommend that feature, especially for deadbolts where it can cause accidental damage to the lock and frame.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: , , ,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
Five out of five star rating.

“Just wanted to say that so far I am extremely happy with my decision to go with Surety… I have been reading these boards for a few days and I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED by the responsiveness… You guys are doing a fantastic job!”

gnadan , Surety Forum Review , 6/28/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.