Wireless Smoke and CO in large home

I am in the process of finishing up my 2GIG GC3 install and the last thing I am tackling is the smoke and co detectors. My home originally had a Honeywell Vista system and all smoke and co devices are 12v 4 wire hardwired so I can’t use the 2GIG SDS1-345 to use with GC3.

My next idea was wireless but I am wondering if signal strength will be an issue on the SMKT3 for example. I know the range is 350 ft but it’s across 3 floors and plenty of obstacles. 2GIG-RPTR1-345 does not work for safety devices correct? Has anyone encountered a similar predicament? My home is about 10,000 sq ft with 12 smoke, 8 co.

Can FF345 be used for multiple alarm types? For smoke and for CO? I don’t really trust the device as I feel loud noises will set it off by mistake any validity to my concern?

Thanks for all the help I know it’s a long post!

2GIG-RPTR1-345 does not work for safety devices correct?

Correct it is not designed for life safety devices like smoke detectors.

Can FF345 be used for multiple alarm types? For smoke and for CO? I don’t really trust the device as I feel loud noises will set it off by mistake any validity to my concern?

The FF345 can be used for Smoke/CO combo circuits. It has two zones learned in individually one for smoke and one for CO alarm detection.

CO and Smoke alarms have a standardized siren/cadence. The FF345 must recognize the alarm sounder cadence from the nearby device (within 6 inches) to activate.

It cannot activate by other loud noises like a glass break detector might.

If I were to purchase the wireless detectors (need to change anyway existing ones are old) would range present an issue? Realistically they will all be within 350 feet of each other but I wonder how much walls and obstacles interferes. The 345mhz band does not repeat like say zwave devices right? Each wireless detector would have to reach the main GC3 panel?

Each wireless detector would have to reach the main GC3 panel?

Correct. That is the reason for using a 2GIG Repeater, to act as a range booster because sensor transmission is point to point. It is not a mesh network like Z-wave.

If I were to purchase the wireless detectors (need to change anyway existing ones are old) would range present an issue? Realistically they will all be within 350 feet of each other but I wonder how much walls and obstacles interferes.

Range limits for sensors are always listed as Open Air estimates. 350 feet will undoubtedly cause problems for a 345 MHZ sensor with intervening walls and/floors.

The best tool for this purpose would be interconnected wired Smoke detectors and an FF345

Ok kept wired detectors and installed FF345. Now if detectors were to go off I need to wire a switch to toggle the power to reset as the detectors do not have buttons on it. I assume I can wire this to a collector 1 output but how am I able to trigger this? Can I create a shortcut on the GC3?

I assume I can wire this to a collector 1 output but how am I able to trigger this? Can I create a shortcut on the GC3?

There is not a good way to manually trip that collector reliably other than a Keyfob. The 2GIG keyfob fourth button can be programmed to toggle or momentarily throw the output. You cannot manually control the output in the software.

Since it is possible to lose/misplace the keyfob or for its batteries to die, it might not be the best to rely on it to reset power to a fire circuit.

A physical switch of some kind may be a better solution in this case if you need to toggle power, depending on desired usage.