Windows without bars--any IQ SHOCK-S experience?

I have several first-floor windows on which I would like to avoid installing bars. It seems that hurricane-rated glass can take several minutes to get through without a chain saw. Hence, I’m wondering about installing this glass and an IQ SHOCK-S sensor in the hopes of setting off the alarm well before someone actually makes it into my house. However, I can find very little information about this sensor online. Does anyone have experience with it?

Specifically, I’m wondering how big the sensor is, whether it needs to go on the glass or whether it can go on the pane, whether I need two if my windows are double-hung, or if one per window is fine. Also, any general negative or positive experiences with this sensor, or suggestions for other viable alternatives to window bars would be helpful.

Thanks.

Most answers can be found in the quick guide here.

The IQ-Shock-S is designed to be mounted on a door or window frame, not on the actual glass. There is a sensitivity selector on the sensor which can help dial in the best setting for your application. Whether or not you would need more than one sensor would be determined by the size of the window and where it is mounted, though I would imagine one should work in most cases, but I cannot speak to its use with any specialized glass products like hurricane rated glass. It would be better suited to this purpose than an on-glass sensor like the GE 5150 though.