Window contact and glass break sensor going offline...

One of basement window contact sensors that is connected to a window break sensor (connected to the contact sensor with a wire) went offline at my second property. The alarm started beeping. I disabled the alarm remotely but as soon as armed it, the beeping noise is back. I was not able to remotely (via alarm.com app) acknowledge the sensors going offline. I had to drive there and manually acknowledge the issue on the keypad. Only after that I armed the alarm and no more beeping. A few hours later the sensors came back online.
2 questions:

• why would the sensors go offline?
  • if it happens again, can I remotely acknowledge the issue so that the alarm would not beep every 20 seconds or so?

Thanks

– why would the sensors go offline?

Offline means that the sensor failed to send supervision interval messages, which results in the panel notifying you that the sensor may not be functioning.

This is often due to environmental interference or distance issues, although on a previously working sensor it is most likely an issue of low battery.

A borderline low battery will limit transmission power and small environmental issues or attenuation will be exaggerated. This will often lead to offline errors before low battery reports.

I would first try replacing the battery in that transmitter sensor. Any change?

if it happens again, can I remotely acknowledge the issue so that the alarm would not beep every 20 seconds or so?

You can temporarily disable the trouble beeps through the Alarm.com app on a 2GIG Panel with firmware 1.17.0.3 or later, however this will only turn off trouble beeps for the current condition. Should it be intermittent and resolve and return, the beeps will return.

Jason,
I think it was a Fluke as the issue has not repeated in last month.
Can you please direct me where in ADC app you can turn off trouble beeps… I looked everywhere in the app and notifications is the only item I can play with.

System trouble beeps can be turned off using the mobile app by accessing current troubles in the Issues card on the Home screen (System Trouble Beeps -> Trouble Beeps -> Off)

Alternatively done by accessing the Security System settings page.