Will Vivint cameras work?

I was wondering if I can add an ADC camera that has Vivint branding on it to my suretyCAM account… I found a good deal on ebay for a new camera—can you please let me know if you think this would be compatible (it looks to be the exact same unit with their logo slapped on).

I do not have any experience working with Vivint branded cameras to be able to say definitively whether or not they will work. My first inclination is to say if they are compatible cameras, I would think that they would, but that is then overridden by my experience with Vivint making it as difficult as possible to use any equipment they have sold with any provider other than themselves. Perhaps the seller allows for returns? If they do work, we’d love to know that, but I would proceed with caution.

I may take a chance since the price is so much lower (and I’m a DIYer!). I know from my research that Vivint is a pain in the rear end to deal with so that’s why I asked, which you confirmed. If I go through with it I will gladly report my results.

I had mentioned that I was planning on buying a Vivint branded camera (ADC-V620PT) from eBay. I am very happy to let you know that it works perfectly. I literally just followed the directions and it worked. The only thing different is the Vivint sticker. The camera is also very well made and the image quality is great.

Just wanted to report my findings.

The Vivint logo comes off nice and easy…(acetone/nail polish remover and qtips). This also works for taking branding of the control panel

Vivint ADC-V610PT IPCAM
cam

For best image clarity, don’t use the defaults…use
High resolution (or at least 640x480), standard quality. Each clip is approx 1mb in size, but the images are much clearer, and if you ever need the camera video (say you are burglarized), providing a low res, fuzzy,blurry video image (so you could save on storage space) to police is useless, and does not help them.

Its a trade off, better quaility, sharper image, but less storage capacity

adc cam settings

Hi all forum members:

I am new here in the forum

I have a an older ADC-V610PT camera, and it will not add using the Alarm.com add device in my account
I called Vivotek the maker of the Camera and they help me troubleshoot the issues, they suggested that I re-flash the firmware for the camera, so I need to find the firmware Version ALAM-0108A to re-flash the camera.

Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get a copy of the firmware Version ALAM-0108A?

Have you already factory defaulted the camera after it was removed from your old Alarm.com account?

To factory default your camera, you will need to hold down the reset button for 60 seconds while the device is powered on, the power cycle it.

I would try learning it in once that has happened.

You may not need to flash the firmware.

You don’t need to flash firmware on V610pt…it works just fine.

You must delete it off the Vivint alarm.com page, else you can’t use it, and you need to use a toothpick to hold in button in hole to default it.

Check firmware…should be version TC5633-TCAL-0108a

@ Jay

I did reset to factory defaults

@ Rive

It has not been added yet to Alarm.com account
Id does not see the Camera when i try to add the device
I called the maker of the camera Vivotek and they gave me the FTp website and access,
but I do not see the Firmware Version TC5633-TCAL-0108a which is what i need to download and install

So I am asking if anyone in the forum has a copy of the Firmware file = TC5633-TCAL-0108a
So I can then reload the firmware as suggested by Vivotek to do

Kindest regards!

Can you provide me the MAC address of the camera? Also, is the camera connected to a network now with a solid green light?

@ Jay

Mac address = 0002D11D55D4
it is connected to the network and it has a blinking green light

I spoke with Alarm.com and they will not provide me with the firmware file that you’re requesting.

That being said, I’m still not 100% convinced that the issue is with the firmware. Did Vivotek tell you why they thought the firmware needed to be re-flashed? The flashing green light usually means there is some kind of network error going on. There are a number of reasons this may be occurring. A few more questions:

1. Has this router been used before with Alarm.com video or is this a brand new router?
  2. What is the upload speed of your network? It needs to be at lease .125mbps for each camera on the account.
  3. How many cameras are already on your Alarm.com account?
  4. You mentioned that this was an old camera. Has it ever been attached to an Alarm.com account before?

@ Jay

1. Has this router been used before with Alarm.com video or is this a brand new router?
    a). Yes, it is New and AT&T U-verse router

2. What is the upload speed of your network? It needs to be at lease .125mbps for each camera on the account.
    a). It is real fast

3. How many cameras are already on your Alarm.com account?
    a). 3 other ADC-V620PT are currently working!

4. You mentioned that this was an old camera. Has it ever been attached to an Alarm.com account before?
    a). The older model = ADC-V610P, this is the one that is not being pickup by the Alarm.com add device

@ Jay

Update more info:

1. You mentioned that this was an old camera. Has it ever been attached to an Alarm.com account before?
    a). The older model = ADC-V610P (same as Vivotek TC5633), this is the one that is not being pickup by the Alarm.com add device

Kindest regards!

I have the ADC-V610PT camera up and running, and with the default firmware it came with.

Something else is your issue, does your camera say alarm.com or Vivint on it?

@ Jay

Per the Vivotek Manual

The following table lists the LED patterns in general.
Condition LED color

Loading system after power on Steady red
During booting procedure Steady blue and red
After network is setup (system up) Blink green every second = My is blinking Green Light!
During the upgrade firmware process Fast blink red
Enable audio Slowly blink green

@ rive

The Vivint and alarm.com cameras are made by Vivotek and the Base Model = TC5633

the camera works perfect in my browser when i visit the IP, and shows ok in the network setup, just that when I login to my alarm.com accont and try to add the device it does not see it and when i hard add the Mac address to the alarm.com add device it reports that it does not see the camera to add…

kindest regards!

It’s true that Vivotek manufactures the ADC-V610PT camera but as I understand it Alarm.com installs their own modified firmware so Vivotek would not have Alarm.com’s firmware on their FTP site. I’ve never heard of anyone going to Vivotek for help with an Alarm.com camera before. Vivotek’s tech support staff probably doesn’t know much about Alarm.com’s firmware and is probably just throwing a hail Mary and telling you to reinstall the firmware because they don’t know what else to say. I recommend working through Alarm.com to resolve the problem, not through Vivotek.

You do have to reset Alarm.com cameras to factory default when you remove them from one ADC account before you can add them to another. When an Alarm.com camera gets added to an account, Alarm.com changes the cameras password to something random for security purposes. You can’t add an old camera to a new Alarm.com account until you reset it back to the factory default password.

The biggest problem I’ve seen with those older cameras is that people don’t hold the reset button down long enough to fully reset it. Here are the step by step instructions.

These are the potential issues I can think of and what I would do about them if I were you.

• The camera is still linked to the another Alarm.com account. Is it possible the previous owner didn't delete the camera from their account? Can you contact the previous owner and find out?
  • The camera hasn't been fully reset to factory default settings as described in the post I linked to above. Reset it.
  • There's a problem with your network. That seems unlikely since your other cameras are working.
  • Something is wrong with the camera. Can you return it to where you bought it from and get a new one?

Alarm.com won’t even give us copies of their camera firmware. If you can find the firmware, more power to you, let me know where you got it.

@ Ryan

Yes we did reset and verified that it is a factory reset and that the user and password are the factory defaults settings
The camera is not linked to any other alarm.com account or other monitoring account
The Camera works 100% other then the when I login to the alarm.com website and try to add the device, it does not see it!

Seems the firmware is corrupted and needs to be re-flashed so that alarm.com setup will see the Mac address and get picked up, from what i was told, and as far as alarm.com they will not even chat with me as they are only setup to work with alarm dealers not with end users with issues.

My camera also has worked fine with my other monitoring service, just now that i try to add the ADC-V610PT or even the older Vivotek TC5633 Pan & tilt camera they are not being recognized.

Kindest regards!