Why I gave our ADC-T2000 the boot!

A new Trane HVAC dual fuel system was installed in our home, but our existing ADC-T2000 thermostat was not compatible. Instead we had to settle for Trane’s XL824 thermostat, which requires a separate cell phone app. It also stinks not being able to control our HVAC system through Alarm.com. The Trane thermostat works through Nexia, which runs over Wi-Fi, a disadvantage over the T-2000, which used to run over the reliable cellular network via our 2Gig GC3. Dual fuel means the system switches back and forth (depending on outside temperature) between heating your home with the more economical electric heat pump and the propane-fired gas furnace. Above a certain temperature (in our case 35 degrees) the heat pump runs; below that point the furnace runs. Disappointing such a great thermostat had to be ditched because it is unable to handle such an economical system <sigh>.

The ADC-T2000 is indeed compatible with Dual Fuel systems per ADC.

For a Heat Pump with a fossil fuel furnace auxiliary you would use a “Heat Pump” HVAC type, with a “Fossil” heat type in settings.

Wiring is typically one-for-one with prior tstat.

The only incompatibility would come from proprietary non-standard communication between HVAC and tstat. This is uncommon.

Wow, it would be great to be able to use the old T2000 with the new HVAC. I do have access to the technician settings on the Trane tstat. To input these settings into the T2000, is advanced tstat configuration available to me on my alarm.com user account?

To input these settings into the T2000, is advanced tstat configuration available to me on my alarm.com user account?

It does not look like this is related to a Surety service plan, so I could not say for certain. Surety users have access to advanced config, but that is not true of all providers. You would want to contact your Alarm.com service provider to determine if you have access. These settings are adjusted online via Alarm.com.