Why can the response phone support not see my address?

I have signed up, billed my credit card, and can control my door locks, thermostat, and light remotely. However when I call the monitoring phone number on the panel and after the alarm test, both people I spoke with said they cannot see my home’s address or my account. They direct me to this forum for help.

Have you received your welcome email with next step instructions? Is this a previously used panel? There may be a chance that the number on the panel is not the same number you’ve been directed to call in your welcome email.

When you say they cannot see your address of the alarm test, do you mean that you are putting system on test with CS, then activating alarms and the CS operator doesn’t know where alarm event occurred (residence location)?

Putting system on test with CS (Central station), arming panel, then setting off alarm device(s), letting them go for 30 sec or so without disarming (or how ever long is needed to overcome delay), will result in an orphaned alarm event being received by Central Station. Especially over 2way cell radio (panel 2way).

Otherwise,you should receive no calls from CS for an alarm test.

I usually just tell the CS operator who comes over radio that system is on test, and I provide no other info, as the initiated call is orphaned, and they don’t know where it originated (address, or account).

Afterwards, I call Central station, provide acct #, and verify alarms received, and then place system back in service. If you do this, and signals we’re not received, then there is likely a communication issue.

Doing a panel walk test on the other hand, via panel settings, is totally different, and will send no signals to Central Station at all. So they would have received no events at all.

This is how it works for me with 2GIG. Depending on your panel YMMV.